🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 222.5 — 3/06/15 TWO CHARTED 161

Howard and Stard kick off the show with a quick assessment of the ringtone business, as well as some exclusive New Jersey folklore about Jon Bon Jovi. Then, the boys open gifts from Chartists wherein, Stard takes a moment to describe last year’s Summahfest and Howard explains why the musical genius of Stard is everything he could ever ask for. Later, Howard talks about the dynamic of doing stand-up and how any show could have any outcome. Lastly, Howard preaches from his soap box about why watching dragons eat swords on HBO is not making the world a better place.

Observing some spirituality with Howard the last few eps. Liking it.

• Like 1

Kulap was of course missed this Twooch, but 'Stard and Howard just kicking it and BSing is always so awesome (and i'm not just ass-kissing because you read the forums, 'Stard >_< ).

• Like 3

I know i'm taking this slightly out of context but great one-liner when Howard says [paraphrase] "I feel like if it was good I would have already listened to it."

• Like 1

There's no need to worry about the health of rock music. Rock is doing great right now.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLA2lsJpHYg0mEbwSSuaHuj7-75od2gPQN

There are young bands out there making great music in every single niche imaginable right now. I can see how you'd get jaded listening to the Top 40 charts every week (hell, Whooch makes ME jaded sometimes and I listen to it voluntarily).

I just think sweeping generalizations are never helpful. Even starting somewhere as basic and mainstream as Pitchfork will reveal there is still great rock/indie rock coming out every day. There's great dancey stuff coming out (Poliça, for example) as well as somber, smart stuff like Timber Timbre. There isn't enough time in the day to listen to all the great new music coming out.

• Like 1

Does anyone else get the impression that the next Summah album is gonna be at least 50% Ocean vs. Space songs?

• Like 2

Does anyone else get the impression that the next Summah album is gonna be at least 50% Ocean vs. Space songs?

I think there's enough at this point for its own album. To be clear I am 100% in favor of this.

• Like 2

I think rock pretty much IS dead when it comes to the pop charts. It hasn't always been that way. Naturally, there's plenty of bands that still release rock music. To paraphrase Zappa, "Rock isn't dead... it just smells funny."

Also:

Howard: "Work... my horn!"

Siri: "I'm sorry."

Almost cryptic, that response.

There isn't enough time in the day to listen to all the great new music coming out.

Agreed, I thought I alluded to that. Really like that Timber track

Sign in to follow this