🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
SteveH

SHOULD I BE USING MY REAL NAME? I'M SO CONFUSED

I'm having a real crisis here. My username used to be just my first name last initial. Then I changed it to American Diaper, and I feel like I've built a really strong brand around that. Now I'm having second thoughts, but the idea of going through a whole re-branding campaign just sounds like a nightmare right now. All those meetings...

I need to hear from both sides:

Chanson

Greggy

Tim Treese

Anastasia Vigo

Andrew

A Bear

Joe McGurl (?)

CORPSEFUCKER SHITLORD

Game of Scones

Michael Bay of Pigs

Toby Keith Sweat

Andy Dick Cheney

Funky Spoonerism

• Like 3

I'm not any of the people you specifically requested for feedback, but I do appreciate how difficult it is to overhall your brand. Doing so requires a lot of careful deliberation, and input from your friends, enemies, family and hopefully there are famous people among each of those groups whose opinions really matter. This being said, it is exciting and rewarding to create a new brand that people can really get behind. Even if this 'new brand' is really just using your actual name.

RE those meetings, there are a lot of ways that you can get corporate to support your decision, that might not require so many meetings. Just Fax HR a detailed list of your brands defining qualities now, and a proposal detailing your new brand features and they might be able to expidite the whole process.

"Have faith in bureaucracy" -- the first sentence in my book, the Ironic Anarchist Manifesto.

First of all: How dare you put me after shitlord. No one deserves to be downwind of that maniac.

Second: Buckle your belt, man up, make a decision. No one is going to hold your hand.

Third: Give me your hand! I'm making this decision. Your new name is Zazu.

• Like 5

Welcome to the team Zazu.

I used to be Bill Russell Crowe and changed my name and rebuilt my brand. So take it from me, you dont wanna rest on your laurels. You dont want easy likes and easy laughs just because someone says "oh an american diaper post let me blow this dude." no, you want to earn everything. When you stop earning, thats when you stop being cool.

- Albert Einstein

• Like 5

The fact that you forgot to mention Valerie, the original full-namer, is embarrassing.

Now, excuse me. I need to get out of here before someone sees me talking to you.

ps real names for life. Plus people should use their real picture, and never change your avatar because it's confusing.

I'm not any of the people you specifically requested for feedback, but I do appreciate how difficult it is to overhall your brand. Doing so requires a lot of careful deliberation, and input from your friends, enemies, family and hopefully there are famous people among each of those groups whose opinions really matter. This being said, it is exciting and rewarding to create a new brand that people can really get behind. Even if this 'new brand' is really just using your actual name.

RE those meetings, there are a lot of ways that you can get corporate to support your decision, that might not require so many meetings. Just Fax HR a detailed list of your brands defining qualities now, and a proposal detailing your new brand features and they might be able to expidite the whole process.

"Have faith in bureaucracy" -- the first sentence in my book, the Ironic Anarchist Manifesto.

Your feedback is appreciated. I hope no one is offended if their name was left off the list. Those were just the people I thought of off the top of the dome. Any and all advice is welcome

The fact that you forgot to mention Valerie, the original full-namer, is embarrassing.

Now, excuse me. I need to get out of here before someone sees me talking to you.

ps real names for life. Plus people should use their real picture, and never change your avatar because it's confusing.

At least I got the avatar right. Now comes the hard part...JasonA? Jalexander? TheRealConstanza? SummerOfGeorge?

Another option is to just go all initials, in a poorly-thought-out attempt to be e-anonymous and e-mysterious

• Like 4

My real name isn't Joe McGurl but rather a character I play on the forums so you should use a fake, real name.

• Like 1

Honestly, I think ya nailed it already! Just seeing George in your avatar makes almost any name funny to me.

As an alternative, you could change it to Good Postanza, to announce to everyone "Hey, my post, it was good!". Although I think somebody has something like that in their sig.

• Like 1

How dare you not list me. I think American Diaper works because you are full of shit my friend.

My real name is Nicolas-John Honlads.

• Like 3

I was fortunate enough to have a real name that reads well on marquees, but the idea of you having a re-branding campaign this late in the game seems like a logistical nightmare. That said, it has worked out very well for Diddy and The Artist Formerly Known as Prince.

• Like 1

Don't fucking do it. For the love of God. Don't do it.

My real name is Wendie Malick1 but I used my lack of creativity to ape the style of username made famous by beloved forum members like Toby Keith Sweat and Michael Bay of Pigs so my opinion is irrelevant on this topic.

AND you didn't mention Valerie or honlands Zazu so get your head in the game.

1 Yes THE Wendie Malick

I just can't get anything right.

Sincerely,

zazu

I just can't get anything right.

Sincerely,

zazu

If that's supposed to be a CBB reference, it should be "Zazzu", or "Esquillin"

I would never reference another podcast on this forum

In my professional life I am well known to be inarticulate and humorless. If I made these thoughtful and hilarious posts under my real name it would destroy the real-life persona I've worked so hard to establish.

• Like 1

I guess the choice is much easier now that I'm famous. The brand has been established. There's no going back now

• Like 2

I guess that means that I can't change my brand ever again either. This is a mixed blessing for the both of us, American Diaper.

• Like 1

You've skyrocketed to fame with less than 10 posts. A true wunderkind. Congrats to you, and please don't forget old american diaper when you become the lord of hollywood

• Like 1