🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 198— Fear and Living Well

Tig, Kyle, and David start off the show with a reminder about the importance of flossing and plan a pizza-eating contest between Stephanie and David. Then, Joe Neyer, an author from Oxford, OH called into discuss his cancer story, his attitude towards fear, the power of meditation, and living a life of positivity. Tig opens up about her own similar journey. If you wish to donate to help Joe self-publish, visit unforced.org.

Great episode, GREAT guest. I know guests like this don't grow on trees, but this type of discussion where the guest has a personal story and it ties in with some science- or philosophy-related area works better than having a guest who may or may not be an expert and trying to tailor the show to a topic.

Stephanie thinking she can eat three large pizzas is utterly, hilariously ridiculous and I absolutely can't wait for this pizza challenge to happen.

• Like 2

It's tough to comment on an episode like this so I just want to say it was great. Very heavy, but very insightful and thought provoking. I'm with David on wanting to listen again. Lots of perspective.

Damn this guest was really inspiring and just all around amazing this ep was very moving and it definitely puts life and living into perspective

I don't know what to say. Hell yes! to this guest. After a week of wanting to crush everything around me, this was incredibly inspirational.

P.S. - If I had artistic talent, I'd fashion a picture of Kyle wearing a wheat mask.

This was a fantastic episode and it ended way too soon. I would have liked to hear Mr. Neyer talk for much longer, and let his calmness and joyful serenity just wash over me some more. This may not have been the most uproarious episode ever (Stephanie's pizza challenge aside), but it's certainly a memorable one. The feels, they're sticking around.

Great episode, what an inspiring and compelling guest, but hot damn! I'm looking forward to hearing the upcoming pizza eating challenge. I only hope Kyle doesn't interfere with some match fixing/betting scheme. We want a fair contest.

Whew nothing to add, but just want to reiterate that this was a fantastic episode featuring an amazing guest.

Also, stephanie is crazy. I feel like I have a good appetite for pizza, and have eaten a large by myself in the past. But 3???? I'm excited to see her try.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this