🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 241.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 146

This week, Randy and Jason welcome to the show longtime friend, author, and baseball guru, Jonah Keri. Together, the gang explains to America why reading is still a worthwhile hobby and which, 60-1 underdog, major league baseball team, will win the world series. Additionally, Dan Van Kirk covers stories that include; parents who dress their child as Christian Grey and then sends him to school, a man who falls asleep with his hand gun in public, and lastly, a person who makes the worst decision of his life, when he decides to go to Applebee’s. Finally, Larry Flynt calls in and has a bone to pick with the Sklars about what is deemed 'appropriate'.

• Like 1

Armstrong's use/abuse of PHDs most probably led to his own cancer. Armstrong actively sought to destroy teamates lives (by having them also take the PHDs), then actively (and still to this day) seeks to bring havoc to the spouses of his former teamates.

His championships have all been deleted, any shred of dignity the US cycling team had is gone.

Armstrong would have had a strong career regardless, and still could have raised money for cancer awareness. But his career is a blackmark. The biggest blackmark are the donors that had given money to his charities, and then saw that money blown on the infrastructure of those charities, with very little going to cancer patients. Now those donors (private & corporate) are far less generous with their money.

Hearing Mr. Keri weigh the options, and still favor Armstrong strikes a nerve with me as I'm a cancer survivor. Armstrong's negative impact will be felt for years to come.

On a different note, we're going to need more Larry Flynt! :)

I know they address it, but can't they book sports-industry guests for Country? I guess I don't really know how their scheduling works, but I listen to the County specifically for the limited/lack of sports talk.

It seems like, regardless of the sports/non-sports formats of the shows, the guest breakdown is almost always that higher-profile guests are on Country and lower-profile guests on County.

I'm new to Sklars, <1 year listener, I'm confused why they use two different naming conventions.

I could understand if it was defined like Who Charted, where you release two shows, one with a guest, and another with just the hosts. (or am I totally screwed up, and that is exactly what they are doing)

Either way, to me it's just Sklarboro podcast. #greasepop

When Sklarbro County debuted it was, like Two Charted, a second weekly show with just the hosts (and Dan Van Kirk) discussing weird stories in the news instead of sports. Within a few weeks, they began booking guests and loosened up the format.

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice shout-out(s), Randy and Jason! I went on a Numero Group tear after our chat in the lobby; sounds like you've done the same. Don't wait so long between visits to NYC. I'll bring some more vinyl next time, maybe some obscure soul.

Sign in to follow this