🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 598 - Success of Run the Jewels

Andrew Ti and special guest Molly Lambert finish the week off by discussing the success of Run the Jewels. As always, leave us a message about anything you think is racist at (323) 389-RACE.

That sounded like the NPR year-end roundup discussion on the one hip hop album they threw in

• Like 2

There are all kinds of people who like Killer Mike pre and post Run the Jewels, so I'm not sure what they are trying to get at there. Also, the argument clearly falls apart when they start talking about people listening to backpack rap being problematic because it's outside of gangsta rap, then criticizing listeners of gangsta rap as appropriators. It's 2015 and I feel like these takes are from 2005

• Like 1

Please, never talk about Hip Hop again.

EL-P was barely a blip on anyone's map outside of hardcore hip hop heads. If anything you could say that Killer Mike made El-P popular. Killer Mike has been a well known name in Hip Hop for 15 years. It was his album R.A.P. Music, that was entirely produced by El-P, that brought El-P out from the underground and into the forefront of the hip hop world.

Oh, and how is "White Jewish Guys, love that shit and want to feel like they belong"? not a racist comment.

This shit is bunk.

• Like 3

If anything you could say that Killer Mike made El-P popular.

Yep. No offense to El-P, who is a good producer, but Killer Mike was on Outkast singles and El-P wasn't even really keeping his flow on beat before RTJ. He has some good verses when he really tries like on "Crown" but no one thinks his lines about retarded shitwizards or w/e compare to the fire KM spits

• Like 2

Oh, and how is "White Jewish Guys, love that shit and want to feel like they belong"? not a racist comment.

Because white Jewish guys are supposed to hate rap music and feel left out. That's why the Beastie Boys were never able to gain a real following.

i thought you were being sarcastic, but you never know my man. I had just seen that article about the beastie boys when i read your reply and thought it was funny.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this