🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Paul F. Tompkins presents Spontaneanation (Teaser)

WE GET A NEW PFT SHOW AND WE GET EBBY SCHLETZ?!?!?!?!

How does one high five the internet?

Oh my god, this had better not be an elaborate, long-con April Fools joke...

It's not an elaborate joke, I promise. It's the real thing!

• Like 5

Full episodes of on-mic PFT laughter?

If this indeed isn't an elaborate April Fool's prank, then there will be JOY (and some blood).

• Like 1

So, does anyone recognise the other comedians in the clips? I got Matt Gourley, but wasn't sure on any of the others.

So, does anyone recognise the other comedians in the clips? I got Matt Gourley, but wasn't sure on any of the others.

I hear (and see in the pix) Craig Cackowski and Chris Tallman.

• Like 4

I have to remind myself that as exciting as this is to people it's exciting to, that niche is ultimately niche in absolute terms, I keep wanting to say to everyone I see today "DID YOU HEAR PFT IS STARTING A NEW WEEKLY PODCAST?!?!" and it seems like this should be front-page above-the-fold headline news...

• Like 4

The thing I loved most about the preview is that SPONTANEANATION sounds different than every other Earwolf podcast. It has a Pod F Tompkast-vibe but obviously has a totally different format. I also like that even though it's an improv-based podcast, it seems to be totally different to improv4humans and With Special Guest.

Plus, was that a PFT and Jay Johnston reunion I heard?!?!?

• Like 1

An actual regular Paul F. Tompkins podcast again?

I'm totally going to be the 'technically' guy and say that technically we have not been without a regular Paul F. Tompkins podcast: The Dead Author's Podcast. I do concede I may have misinterpreted your use of the term 'regular,' and you may have meant a podcast where Paul is playing himself. Suffice it to say, I too am insanely excited because I am always down for more PFT, and while I do love and miss the podcast outlet for Paul's thoughts that was The Pod F. Tompkast, I am always down for any new ventures he sets forth on, er, I mean, on which he sets forth.

• Like 2

Mr. Tompkins must be the Patron Saint of Podcasting. Even with the GLORIOUS Dead Author's Podcast, his innumerable appearances on Earwolf, Superego, etc., the news of more PFT makes my day immeasurably better!

• Like 6

Mr. Tompkins must be the Patron Saint of Podcasting. Even with the GLORIOUS Dead Author's Podcast, his innumerable appearances on Earwolf, Superego, etc., the news of more PFT makes my day immeasurably better!

Especially with the endings of The Thrilling Adventure Hour AND Dead Author's looming, it only feels right that he would decide now's the time to create something new from whole cloth!

• Like 4

(I cannot stop listening to the Savannah, GA snippet)

• Like 1

99% sure that's Paget Brewster in the Savannah snippet. 100% wrong!

Also: If you look at the header image of the official SPONTANEANATION Twitter account, it seems Paul and Earwolf created a custom sound effects app for the show! Mid-improv transitions!

• Like 3

Wow this guys only been on CBB a handful of times and they hand him his own regular podcast.

Pretty gutsy move Earwolf.

I hope this thing can get off the ground.

• Like 19

I am so beyond thrilled at this. But I am also worried that PFT won't be seen too much on CBB anymore! I selfishly need my cast of PFT characters :(

I kinda love that the esteemed Mr. Tompkins is listed as a "newbie" on the forum software.

• Like 4

I also hope that's the only message he ever leaves on the forums. Lol

• Like 4

I kinda love that the esteemed Mr. Tompkins is listed as a "newbie" on the forum software.

Well, he has only been on CBB a handful of times (though he skates by on all his famous friends dropping plugs for him)...

• Like 2

SARAH: "Have you taken the class of the local university? Ssss- " *snicker*

PAUL: "I took some- wuhh wu-? Are you quite alright, ma'am? You seem to be stricken by s-some unknown malady. You begin a sentence and then you get to the end and then you sort of have a little freak out that I can't explain."

SARAH: "Wellllll, I think it's just so hot here in Savannah, Georgia, that I don't know myself!"

CHRIS: "Savannah, Georgia."

PAUL: "It is! Ohhh, it is a, it is a might close here in Savannah, Georgia."

CHRIS: "Savannah, Georgia."

SARAH: "IT IS! It is!"

PAUL: (inhale) "What the FUCK was I sayin'?"

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

• Like 2

PFT could murder babies and I would still FULLY support him ( and I love babies )

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this