🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 243 — Squeezing Dicky V

Randy and Jason kick off the episode with takes about a minor league baseball player who lands himself in “Sklarbrotration” and a European Soccer player who longs for a piece of the Berlin Wall. Then, the Sklars welcome to the show fellow stand up comedian Cameron Esposito, who talks about the best ways to handle a hackler, as well as the rise of women in professional sports. Later, in quick hits, the gang talks about Ronda Rousey’s ability to break Laila Ali’s arm in half, Mitt Romney’s future career in boxing, and a list of the least intimidating things you can put on your hockey mask. Lastly, Dick Vitale calls in to talk about the benefits of his latest Hooters endorsement.

• Like 1

HOORAY for Field Music in the jump music! One of my favorite bands.

Also HOORAY for Cameron Esposito!

You guys, I love this podcast and I adore Cameron Esposito, but I would much rather have a delayed release than hear eating on mic. I know that is a common complaint and one that comedians make fun of and I know this is a free podcast, but it honestly ruins the comedy. The noble Sklars frequently talk about how much work they put into this podcast (it shows, believe me) and how much timing is a part of their interplay and their comedy in general, but the chomping and swallowing on mic ruins this. I mean, imagine if you were eating chips or a sandwich on stage? Wouldn't that ruin the timing and interplay of your act?

I listen to every episode of Sklarbro Country and County, but if you guys need to eat lunch before recording then, hey, I can wait a few hours. I know you are busy; I know you have kids and a pilot and stand-up gigs and the Regal cinema trailers to do. But still, please, go in the studio nourished and well-fed rather than have to eat while working. Studies show this leads to increased creativity anyway!

You guys, I love this podcast and I adore Cameron Esposito, but I would much rather have a delayed release than hear eating on mic.

I listen to every episode of Sklarbro Country and County, but if you guys need to eat lunch before recording then, hey, I can wait a few hours.

General point aside, this isn't how the Earwolf studio and release schedules work.

General point aside, this isn't how the Earwolf studio and release schedules work.

Yeah, I know, I've done studio stuffs myself. If one is scheduled to record on a certain day at 12:30-2:30, then shit, you better record on that day and time. It's just.... a thing my ears have. I'd much much rather hear nails on a chalkboard than on-mic eating.

Sign in to follow this