🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 200 — Advice

This week, the Professor Blastoff gang celebrates a huge milestone -- 200 shows! Kyle, David, and Tig start with a discussion about their habits on the road and the surprising effects of music from the 1940s. Then, super special guest Molly Ringwald stops by the hatch to raise the stakes on the pizza debate and chat about her advice column, motherhood, and This American Life. Plus, more body rap!

Actually said 'Oh my God' aloud to no one (not even the cat was around) when I saw who the guest was. Looking forward to my commute for the first time...well, since last Tuesday, probably.

YAY MOLLY!

• Like 6

Great. Now I'm in love with Molly Ringwald all over again in 2015. I don't have time for this.

• Like 4

One of the best parts of this ep was how star-struck Tig was. At least three times (maybe four) Kyle or David asked a question or were interacting with Molly and Tig either blew right threw the answer or just talked over them to interact with Molly herself.

• Like 1

Great 200th guest and it was even more enjoyable since she was a legitimate fan of the show! Kyle cracking up during the high school sweetheart body rap got about 6 replays from me, so damn funny.

I really think he meant 14 slices, not 14 pizzas.

That was my assumption, too. I think they just got their wires crossed and no one really asked him to confirm, so everyone ran with it. I don't think any human being could eat 10.

Anyway, THIS WAS AMAZING! Molly was incredibly game for everything and seems super cool. Kyle's "reverse" body rapping made me laugh as hard as any PB moment I can remember. Tig and David each also had a ton of funny little interjections. One of the best episodes ever.

Congrats on 200!

Molly is so lovely and down to Earth. A great episode! Thanks!

(The 'This American Life' segment is interesting too.)

Thank you Tig, Kyle, David (aaaannnnnd Aaron) for 200 episodes of the best, boring podcast ever!

This was one of the best episodes ever. Kyle's script - and the genuine surprise of everyone else in the studio - left me in tears laughing. Molly was an awesome guest, and had actual (hilarious!) chemistry with Kyle (and everybody else). A real treat for a 200th episode.

Man, this episode is easily one of my favorites! Sometimes, when a bigger name guest comes on the show for the first time, I get a sense that they aren't really familiar with the format of the show and stick to their own personal script . Molly knew SO MUCH about the show that I was really impressed by her appearance. It showed respect to the hatch crew that she put time into learning about the show and it really paid off. So great that I could BARELY get to sleep while listening to this one. Top shelf show!

Sign in to follow this