🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JacobKing

Brick Mansions (2014)

Brick Mansions might be the perfect "How Did This Get Made?" movie. It is the incomprehensible English language remake of one of the greatest French action movies of all times and it features a the following delightful things, Paul Walker as an undercover cop, bad dubbing, the RZA quoting Wu Tang lyrics to explain his character motivation, a plot that makes no sense but with a serious social message, a doll making giant, a girl on girl fight, and a lot of parkour in situations where walking was a valid option. It is also anti-smoking and pro-seatbelts.

• Like 1

I will say, there are more than one American remakes of French films on this podcast, so this would be a viable film.

I really wanted to like this movie. I loved the original but I knew a Hollywood remake of an international film would be hard to love. But it has the main character from the original, and Paul Walker doing parkour. Breaks your heart when you see him. And RZA if you're a Wu-Tang fan.

This movie is a mess.  If you want to see Paul kick ass one more time, give it a shot but you've been warned. One good thing about it is it's 90 minutes. 90 long minutes

Sign in to follow this