🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

South By

Horatio and Chad take the show on the road again, this time to Austin, TX and SXSW for a live performance at The Hideout to cap off a weekend of UCB fun which included shows with Comedy Bang Bang and Improv4Humans. Guests are Matt Besser, Matt Walsh, possibly Willie Nelson and definitely Shannon O'Neill. While at the festival, the Hooray Show somehow managed to wander in to a tour of serial murders that happened in Austin in the 1800s.... not sure what that was all about...

• Like 2

I was waiting for a member of the audience to ask if Jerry Minor was there.

But chaddychoo getting to dock with a member of the audience is still good!

• Like 2

Here is the picture that I snuck from my seat in the 2nd row because I am a rebel and a badass... I like how Matt Walsh looks like a glowing angel

2ia4ygh.jpg

This show was a super duper fun experience to be a part of. I've been talking about "mooshing boobies together" all week. I liked turning to my friend at the end of the show when Chad played the "hooray show!" soundbite and saying, "that's mee! that's meeee!" #humblebrag

Thanks again a million times Chad for getting me in, it was so so lovely to meet you. If any of you get a chance to meet Chad, he gives really really quality hugs.

• Like 9

Thanks again a million times Chad for getting me in, it was so so lovely to meet you. If any of you get a chance to meet Chad, he gives really really quality hugs.

That's all well and good, but we need to get that other woman on here to answer the immortal question, "What's your fuck style, bro?"

• Like 2

So good. Loved that improv scene falling apart, and everyone trying to put it back together.

I mentioned on last week's I4H that I dig all of these improvisers. And I still do. :D

• Like 3

Hi guys!

I'm a day late posting because that girl from the show and I ran off to the South of France the day after and got married. Let me tell you, she is everything I ever wanted.

Her name is "I AINT!!!!"

Let me clear a few things up, she was looking at the stage when she asked the question, I was simply standing next to her with the microphone. The guys on stage pimped me out because earlier in the show (a part that is cut from the episode) they were accusing me of going into the audience in order to pick up women. Second, I have a girlfriend and I am very happy.

I hate to burst your bubble, I know it's more exciting when you think the stripper is going to go home with you, but that night ended like it was supposed to end, with Walsh and I drunk off our asses with Horatio, high as a kite, wandering around Austin at 3 am trying to find our hotels. Or as Walsh put it, "We're not lost! My hotel is!"

My first intention with this episode was just to mix it and put it up as is. Then CBB and I4H released their "Live from" episodes ahead of ours, with pretty much the exact same line-up, and I wanted to set ours apart and give it at least a few signatures of The Hooray Show.

Plus, there actually were some REALLY clunky moments (clunkier than the ones that made the episode) that just didn't deserve to see the light of day. Those bits died in The Hideout that night (RIP Space Mountain and the Great Vibrator Giveaway)

A huge lesson I learned is to NEVER EVER EVER from now on, add the SFX, keyboards or anything BUT the microphones in the recorded mix. I can add all that shit later and it would sound way better. Plus if my timing is off, it can really destroy a moment. So... lesson learned.

The other thing that happened was the night before I did the final mix of the episode, I went to sleep with an endless stream of the Ted Talks Radio Hour playing. In my dreams that night, my brain was editing the show (which happens a lot) however Ted Talks kept sneaking in there, so when I woke up, I said "fuck it."

I realize only a handful of people will ever understand the RadioLab/Detour parody we do throughout this epsiode, but that's okay, it's just for them, feel free to skip past it... I did the tour, it was amazeballs. I also got to talk to the producers at RadioLab and at Detour and we are looking forward to doing a Hooray Show Detour of Los Angeles sometime within the next year.

Next Hooray Show LIVE: June 26-28 - NYC - Del Close Marathon! Woot!

See you next week.

• Like 8

I realize only a handful of people will ever understand the RadioLab/Detour parody we do throughout this epsiode, but that's okay, it's just for them, feel free to skip past it... I did the tour, it was amazeballs. I also got to talk to the producers at RadioLab and at Detour and we are looking forward to doing a Hooray Show Detour of Los Angeles sometime within the next year.

They do mention the project on a recent episode. So I got to be one of the few who got it!

I, for one, am pretty impressed with myself.

Thanks for all the hard work! Really loving this show every week!

lol when chad and horatio get sidetracked about what's in the scene and besser yells "WHAT? MY HEAD EXPLODED" in the background.

Sign in to follow this