🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DoodyKnife

New York Show ticket link?

Anyone know how to get tickets for the upcoming NYC show? I thought they went onsale today. Thanks!

• Like 1

Follow @HDTGM on Twitter for ticket updates. As SuperNintendoChalmers said, the first show is already sold out, but they've added a second show and tickets go on sale at 4pm today.

Dw890SG.png

It's especially bonkers considering the last NYC shows in July 2013 were at Subculture, which is a tiny ass place that holds only 200, and those shows didn't sell out nearly as quickly. Glad that HDTGM's popularity has exploded, but extremely bitter that I won't be going to the Irving Plaza shows.

Scheer mentioned to someone on Twitter that people should check again the day before the show because they often release extra tickets to these things.

There's still hope!

I was kind of bummed that they announced the sale on Twitter, because catching a single tweet in my feed is like searching for a needle in a haystack. No FB announcement? No announcement here? Shocking.

If both shows sold out in a matter of minutes after being announced in only one place, what difference would it make to promote them in three separate locations?

Booking a venue is always a risky proposition. Without a concrete way to gauge audience interest, you could either wind up with a mostly-empty theater (e.g. the Howard Kremer/Kyle Kinane/Sean Patton "Have A Summah" show here in Seattle) or leave tons of money on the table when demand far exceeds supply (e.g. these HDTGM shows.) Next time, they'll likely choose a larger venue and, even then, there's no guarantee the audience will come out.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this