🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 106.5 — Minisode 106.5

Next week we will traveling back to 1999 to discuss a movie that is basically Jaws in a lake with a crocodile. Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Deep Blue Sea, tells us if Nicolas Cage would make Deep Blue Sea better, and describes the worst movie theater he’s ever been in as he answers your Qs!

• Like 1

Eating LL Cool J's cream pies? You might want Jason to review these episodes for gross innuendos.

• Like 2

These past two movies have been "movies I wanted to see as a kid because all my friends saw them, but I wasn't allowed to."

Shout out to my parents though, because though I laughed my ass off at Deep Blue Sea now, it would have scarred me as a kid.

I am VERY excited to see what Lake Placid has in store...

• Like 5

By the way, can anyone name a creature feature horror movie in the last couple years? I feel like the genre died out a little bit...

By the way, can anyone name a creature feature horror movie in the last couple years? I feel like the genre died out a little bit...

Piranha 3D or Piranha 3DD?

• Like 2

Piranha 3D or Piranha 3DD?

Ahhhhhh well spotted. Saw the first one, never saw the second one.

Sorry I forgot Paul!

• Like 2

I don't think the question is whether or not it makes sense that the sharks understood the ovens and cameras, it's whether or not Renny Harlin thought it made sense for the sharks to understand the ovens and cameras. It sounds like he heavily anthropomorphized the sharks with little regard to when and where it made sense, he was essentially treating them as Freddy Kreugers and Jason Voorheez's and not something akin to Ceasar in POTA.

Also, super stoked for Face/Off

• Like 2

With Con Air and Face/Off, Nicolas Cage is back in the podcast making it his first official appearance for the show since the Trespass episode in 2012!

• Like 4

Back in 1999, my wife and I took turns each Friday choosing which movie to go see.

She chose "Lake Placid".

We are now divorced.

• Like 4

Ahhhhhh well spotted. Saw the first one, never saw the second one.

Sorry I forgot Paul!

You can skip the second one. While the first one is very well made and a lot of fun, 3DD is almost completely worthless.

It seems to be alive and well on the Syfy Channel: Sharktopus, Sharknado, Ghost Shark, some other ones about spiders and stuff.

• Like 1

At one point Paul is talking about Nic Cage not being a replacement for LL, and I thought for sure he was going to say "and never the twain shall meet". Instead, he said "and never should the trains meet". Is this a thing that people say? As of this posting, there are 0 Google results for that phrase in quotes.

• Like 2

I think Nic Cage would have been a perfect replacement for the Michael Rapaport role in Deep Blue Sea. I know it's not exactly the lead, but I think Cage is due for a string of great, lunatic character-actor-type roles.

Anyway, I just started Lake Placid and my kneejerk reaction to the opening sequence is: "What in the name of UNHOLY FUCK is Brendan Gleeson doing in this movie?"

I know it's 15 years later, but did you guys see Calvary? That movie is so god damn amazing; one of my absolute favorites from last year. It deserved so many Oscar nominations... and got zero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGM5rq_vX4U

• Like 2

Nicholas Cage would've been a great replacement for Jim whitelock. In that smoking scene, nicks character would get really cocky about all the money they are going to make. Now having a cure for alzheimer's and he'd couldn't resist lighting up that victory cigar he had been saving for so long. Oh yeah baby that's the good stuff, he would say. and then it would be a long pause. That shark would just turn to him and bite his arm off so quickly it would be like a blink of the eye.

We would hear him say, Not the armmmm!!!!!

t7evld.jpg

• Like 2

Nicholas Cage would've been a great replacement for Jim whitelock. In that smoking scene, nicks character would get really cocky about all the money they are going to make, now having a cure for alzheimer's and he'd couldn't resist letting up that victory cigar he had been saving. Oh yeah baby that's the good stuff he would say. and then it would be a long pause. That shark would just turn and bite his arm off so quick it would be like a blink of the eye.

We would hear him say, Not the armmmm!!!!!

Could you imagine the amazing eye acting that we'd get from Cage as he's sitting there splattered across the giant window just waiting to die?!

• Like 3

Back in 1999, my wife and I took turns each Friday choosing which movie to go see.

She chose "Lake Placid".

We are now divorced.

I love a story with a happy ending

• Like 1

Congratulations, Lake Placid! You failed the Bechdel test almost immediately! Zed would be proud...

lExXm1vSE7zb2.gif

• Like 3

I'm just gonna come out and say it, Lake Placid is great.

• Like 1

Congratulations, Lake Placid! You failed the Bechdel test almost immediately! Zed would be proud...

lExXm1vSE7zb2.gif

So that's what Sean Connery is doing now.

• Like 2

This is a two-part question:

Would this movie be better if the crocodile could talk?

And, would the talking crocodile be better if voiced by Nicolas Cage?

• Like 5

Sign in to follow this