๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Lando

HDTGM Jams Mega Mix

So many great suggestions added. I had no idea that Scandalous was from Catwoman, but I remember it.

ย 

Also, this is kind of a legitimately catchy song:

• Like 1

ย 

Gotcha covered ;)

ย 

You just need to take the "s" out of the "http"

Thank you. :P

ย 

Obviously, the Puff Daddy/Jimmy Page collaboration is the best song on the Godzilla soundtrack and of all time (even without proof, I'm confident that every person on this message board can rap better then Puff Daddy) but I remember the hype surrounding The Wallflowers covering a Bowie song for the soundtrack as well.

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g2VdB4YpzQ

• Like 1

ย 

Obviously, the Puff Daddy/Jimmy Page collaboration is the best song on the Godzilla soundtrack and of all time (even without proof, I'm confident that every person on this message board can rap better then Puff Daddy) but I remember the hype surrounding The Wallflowers covering a Bowie song for the soundtrack as well.

ย 

ย 

As much as I love The Wallflowers, and I do, I have to say my favorite song on that soundtrack (which I shamefully bought new back in the day) has to be Jamiroquai's "Deeper Underground."

ย 

ย 

As much as I love The Wallflowers, and I do, I have to say my favorite song on that soundtrack (which I shamefully bought new back in the day) has to be Jamiroquai's "Deeper Underground."

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUAC03YMlA

Did every song on that soundtrack have a Godzilla themed music video? I would love to know how much money was put into hyping up that movie.

Did every song on that soundtrack have a Godzilla themed music video? I would love to know how much money was put into hyping up that movie.

ย 

No, not surprisingly, Rage Against the Machine's "No Shelter" has a video that has nothing to do with Godzilla. It actually starts with the executions of Sacco and Venzetti, because y'know...of course it would.

ย 

I also wanted to add:

ย 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eijz1hSj9u0

• Like 2

I woke up this morning absolutely inspired. Here are three more for the mix:

ย 

The video to this one could not be more rad...

ย 

This one is my favorite,Angel Of The City - Cobra

ย 

Thank you Cameron H. You rule!!

ย 

I love watching these music videos for songs I never knew had music videos too them.

ย 

it's like hearing the song for the first time all over again.

ย 

--

third time watching this: doesn't this song, just make you want to buy a old car, and roll the windows down and get a toothpick and drive around town blasting ANGEL OF THE CITY!!! I know I do.

• Like 1

To me, one of the most interesting things is seeing songs that I recognize, but completely forgot that they were part of a movie marketing campaign.

• Like 1

The best part of this one is that you can watch the entirety of Con Air in under four minutes!

ย 

• Like 3

Just getting ahead of the game a bit. I really feel like this needs to be here, despite the fact I only got a minute and half into the song before having to turn it off.

ย 

Seriously, even Vanilla Ice was better than this...

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

So I have seen Vanilla Ice perform live twice. The first time was some time in 2000 or 2001 at a small club and he was going through that phase where he wanted nothing to do with his rap and was only going to perform his hardcore stuff...HOWEVER his band missed the plane and he only had his DJ with him so he had to rap. He only knew a couple of songs and had to have people come up on stage and freestyle. It was really weird and surreal, I have a photo with him somewhere in a bin that I have been trying to dig up.

The second time I was visiting my brother in Daytona at spring break and saw he was performing so we all decided to go. When he went on, I managed to get a crowd chant of "Ninja rap" started so much that he had to recognize it and did about 15 seconds of "go ninja go ninja go!" It was a pretty proud moment of my life.

• Like 1

So I have seen Vanilla Ice perform live twice. The first time was some time in 2000 or 2001 at a small club and he was going through that phase where he wanted nothing to do with his rap and was only going to perform his hardcore stuff...HOWEVER his band missed the plane and he only had his DJ with him so he had to rap. He only knew a couple of songs and had to have people come up on stage and freestyle. It was really weird and surreal, I have a photo with him somewhere in a bin that I have been trying to dig up.

The second time I was visiting my brother in Daytona at spring break and saw he was performing so we all decided to go. When he went on, I managed to get a crowd chant of "Ninja rap" started so much that he had to recognize it and did about 15 seconds of "go ninja go ninja go!" It was a pretty proud moment of my life.

ย 

HIAD3PIAEQ5oY.gif

• Like 1

Added!

ย 

Yeah, we really haven't had a movie with a song in a while. I was tempted to put Walk The Dinosaur on this list, but I don't remember it in the actual movie (edit: plus the George Clinton version is already on there for Mario Bros).

• Like 1