🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 342 — A Silicon Valley P-Cast

The stars of HBO’s Silicon Valley, Thomas Middleditch, Kumail Nanjiani, and Martin Starr share some spoilers from both the first and the upcoming second season season of their show on today’s Comedy Bing! Bong! They also talk about the history of TV before being joined by Jarles, yet another star of Silicon Valley. The guys hunt for treasure, play one of their jam sesh songs, and talk to Silicon Valley super-fan Joey Tortellini. It’s a sweet p-cast you won’t want to miss!

enough dicking around?

rhetorical.

• Like 1

I cannot handle this episode. Middleditch is such a whirlwind. Every time I see his name on something I know I'm going to have fun. I'd love to see him on i4h. Throw him in with Zack Woods and Benny Schwaz and it'd be epic, just like this ep of CBB!

• Like 9

Scott! You're making a mockery of the praise for your straightman work I gave on a Lil' Dab'll Do Ya'!

• Like 2

Now that PFT has his own show on the network, I hope he keeps taking the opportunity to drop in for five minutes when other podcasts are recording.

• Like 7

#ClassicJarles is trending! Let's get this thing to the top.

ClassicJarles_zpsbmkj5m38.png

I love how PFT's characters can come from anywhere, like a 'best of' episode appearance or a DVD commentary.

• Like 11

Thomas and Kumail were a real couple of sillybillies this ep! That and all the HBO talk are making this feel like an alternate-universe Hollywood Handbook, in a good way

• Like 7

Who did the killer Harry Caray impression at 04:04?

Middleditch.

• Like 3

I was going to say how much Joey Tortellini sounded like Robert Durst before he mentioned knowing him. Great episode! Was expecting PFT to be around longer though...

• Like 2

Not enough PFT.

I miss the old Would You Rather Theme.

But instead of being all negative, Joey Tortellini from the Sudan was excellent.

The only thing better than those two calls to China was everyone's reaction to actually reaching someone in China.

"'CLICK!' I say to you too!"

• Like 8

Not enough PFT.

I miss the old Would You Rather Theme.

But instead of being all negative, Joey Tortellini from the Sudan was excellent.

Well, he's been in 4 episodes in 3 months so if you need more, go to one of those other episodes. I was actually glad he popped in for only a minute.

• Like 1

I love Thomas Middleditch and his innate ability to say these like... non-jokes that just land in the room with an almost audible thud. I cannot put into words how much it makes me laugh, it's so dumb. However, I am but a simple farmhand and things like that make me laugh.

Also made me laugh:

PFT: What is your opinion of who a grip is?! Answer the question as it was asked.

-hemming and hawing from the rest-

PFT: [calling from the background] Don't let him wriggle out of this one!!

Great ep, C+.

• Like 7

Plugs:

Kumail: "I have a podcast about video games and one about The X-Files."

Thomas: "I do a video thing where people watch me play video games and talk and stuff."

Martin: "...I just did a film that debuted at Sundance."

Burn.

• Like 8

What a podcasting! I'll admit, I was expecting something PFT centric to plug Spontaneanananaaiananntion (and the guy used to complain about people not being able to spell Tompkast, amiright?!?), but this was fantastic.

Also, is anyone working on a dance track (plug theme?) using Scott's "uh uh uh"s?

• Like 2

Plugs:

Kumail: "I have a podcast about video games and one about The X-Files."

Thomas: "I do a video thing where people watch me play video games and talk and stuff."

Martin: "...I just did a film that debuted at Sundance."

Burn.

Yeah, that last guy is really wasting his life in dead media. (<--that "new-media internet snob" guy we all know)