🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Cayendo

Broadway(In the Heights), Television (Six Feet Under) and Film (Final Destination 2) star Justina Machado joins Horatio and Chad in bro-bro studios. Justina and Horatio's friendship dates back to their early days at Latino Chicago theater in the mid 90's and we get a fairly big glimpse into what life was like for "Roger" and Justina back then, We also here a cautionary tale about smoking too much weed too fast, and we hear about possibly the funniest pick up basketball game ever. Guest hosts Ignacio Gonzalez and his producer Choo Choo from Radio Mexicana kick off the show, but don't worry, we put an end to that after about 3 mintues. (April Fools....)

• Like 1

spanish.gif

No but for real the intro was super duper fun even though I only understood like 20%, the sound effects really made up for that. You could have kept going and I would have happily enjoyed the whole episode in Spanish.

• Like 6

Feliz Hooray Show Miércoles todo el mundo! Mucho respeto a todos nuestros amigos de habla hispana.

Estamos muy emocionados de traer el primer podcast de Earwolf en español!

Personalmente me encanta este episodio en muchos niveles. Justina es una persona genuina y maravillosa y su historia con Horacio es profundo y significativo.

Feliz día de los tontos Abril a todos!

NO SOY!

Choo Choo

• Like 7

Chad you must have some grandparents from Spain!

Claro que si! Sus nombres son Google y Translate.

• Like 6

Este episodio fue increible. Gracias a Choo Choo y Ignacio! En serio, the Chicago talk and the Spanish prank were so awesome. This episode was definitely my favorite. And now I'm off to watch the TLC music video.

• Like 1

HA! This was great. Especially fun beginning if you can understand Spanish. Hearing old stories about Horatio was priceless.

I want to become a vegetarian, but I'm allergic to a lot of meatless protein sources...

NO SOY!!!

Another "hooray!"-worthy episode. I like these guests that fill in various threads of the rich tapestry that is Horatio.

• Like 1

I'll be the bad guy and say what everyone is thinking: Chad has got to go.

He was ok at first but now he thinks he has to chime in about everything and consistently steps on jokes and interrupts horatio//guests as they are trying to get bits off the ground/establish a premise. He interrupted Besser and Walsh I don't know how many times on the live ep. Not to mention fucking up all the sound drops by blasting random loud music.

• Like 2

He was ok at first but now he thinks he has to chime in about everything and consistently steps on jokes and interrupts horatio//guests as they are trying to get bits off the ground/establish a premise. He interrupted Besser and Walsh I don't know how many times on the live ep. Not to mention fucking up all the sound drops by blasting random loud music.

Powerful opinion. I don't agree with it.

I respect it, and I hope there is room for me to disagree.

• Like 1

...no.

• Like 1

I like straight guy / narrative Chad best (Chad's voice is great and sounds like it would fit in on This American Life or some other NPR type thing), but that's just me. Not sure about the sound critique, I thought the drops and music have been pretty solid. Definitely not going anywhere though, and I appreciate how he's on the forum interacting with the fans.

• Like 2

I don't disagree with you (except for the "I have to go" part). The live episode was a disaster. Actually, you would be impressed with all the times I interrupted Besser that I cut out! If you read my post in the previous thread, you'll see how I posted about what we learned from that live show and how we can better pull it off in the future.

Sorry to say though, that unless WNYC, WBEZ or a national sports radio show come calling, I'm probably not going anywhere anytime soon. In the mean time, I would highly recommend Improv 4 Humans in which I don't interrupt Besser at all, there are basically no needledrops, and the episodes are virtually unedited from beginning to end and run for well over an hour. There are hundreds of them to choose from, (many include Walsh and/or Horatio!). There are also hundreds of comedy podcasts out there that I am NOT on and don't edit, probably some really good ones. Enjoy!

• Like 8

I was waiting for an "I ain't!" after this... I strongly disagree, I think he's an essential part of the podcast.

• Like 2

I was waiting for an "I ain't!" after this... I strongly disagree, I think he's an essential part of the podcast.

I noticed that saddlebags posted his opinion on Thursday (4/2) early in the morning. Which led me to believe that he/she thought of it on April Fools day, but waited until the first thing in the morning on the following day so we would all take it seriously.

At least I hope saddlebags put that much thought into it. Who wakes up and posts "Chad must go" on the earwolf forum?

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this