🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 1 - A Denny's Parking Lot

I was going to suggest that anyone who supports the show financially should receive the official title of "SPONTrepreneur", but the SPONT page doesn't even have the donation buttons that are present on other Earwolf shows.

wait, did Paul just say he's going to be one of the drunks on Drunk History this season?? holy shit I can't wait for that!

also, I'm seriously considering changing my username to Rumpledumpskin

wait, did Paul just say he's going to be one of the drunks on Drunk History this season?? holy shit I can't wait for that!

Yes! I am simultaneously very excited and very scared to see drunk-ass Paul! I know he got pretty wasted in his younger years, but I hope he was able to maintain control of his bodily functions for the show. We've had some drunk storytellers toss their cookies before, but if it happens with Paul, I might start screaming, "YOU SHOULD HAVE TOLD ME!!!"

I know he got pretty wasted in his younger years

Hearing him tell stories about taping "Driven to Drink", I'm a little surprised he'd want to do it.

Hearing him tell stories about taping "Driven to Drink", I'm a little surprised he'd want to do it.

the story about the drip of beer coming out of his nose is the funniest story, and you can see it happen in the special!

Charles Dumpster sounds an awful lot like Bert Cooper.

i want to like this show so badly, but alas i cannot

You doing okay, pal? You've had nothing but an assortment of shitty things to say about various shows for weeks now, and the boys down at headquarters are starting to worry about you!

• Like 1

You doing okay, pal? You've had nothing but an assortment of shitty things to say about various shows for weeks now, and the boys down at headquarters are starting to worry about you!

"i want to like this show so badly.." is a shitty thing to say?

"i want to like this show so badly.." is a shitty thing to say?

You forgot the part where you then went out of your way to say you didn't like it, without any attempt at qualification or constructive criticism. That is a shitty thing to say.

You forgot the part where you then went out of your way to say you didn't like it, without any attempt at qualification or constructive criticism. That is a shitty thing to say.

haha constructive criticism? I doubt PFT is scouring the forums for advice. I think him and everyone on the show are great talents but i just can't get with the long form, i'm more partial to the conversational/short form aspects.

it seemed fairly innocuous to me, but i'll be sure to run all posts by you first from here on out :)

• Like 1

*sob*

I also wanted to like this so much, I LOVE PFT, but I’ve finally dove in and... I can’t stand co-hosts/guests laughing uncontrollably at the show they’re on. The stuff with the moustache’s on the cookies at the beginning was moderately amusing, which is perfect, and a great way to warm me up for the main show. But the person laughing in the background seemed stoned or something. Laughing hard into the microphone at every. single. sentence. It’s exactly what I’d expect from an amateur podcast where everyone is new and nervously giggling at everything because THEY’RE ON A PODCAST!

(You see this with brand new improv teams, too, where every members laughs heartily at everything their teammates say because they CAN’T BELIEVE THEY’RE ON STAGE!)

Anyway, I feel like an awful grump for coming here and posting this. I’m glad so many people enjoyed it. I just can’t take people laughing at *everything* that’s being said. It’s like sandpaper to my ears, and wanted to read that I’m not the only one. 

But apparently I am :(