🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sunday

Spontaneanation logo

When I first saw current logo I had an allergic reaction. So I tried to make a few different suggestions.

http://imgur.com/a/e78ZN

What do you think?

Other than that, the first episode was exquisite!

• Like 5

Damn, I wish I saw that earlier. :) But I might try something with those elements in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

The current logo is pretty underwhelming considering how great the podcast is. I really like the one with PFT's face. I think that is the road you should go down.

• Like 4

The logo they're using now is just embarrassing, I can't get over it. Maybe it bugs other people less but I work in graphic design and it genuinely looks like it was made in a couple of minutes tops. Following PFT on Twitter the podcast is getting a lot of press and it's upsetting seeing that horrendous logo all over the place.

Sorry to be so negative but any of those alternatives would be 100% better.

• Like 2

While I like some of your alternate designs, that luxury liner left port long ago.

Just because there's a pin made up? The pin looks FANTASTIC, by the way. The logo does not. It could easily retain a very similar design while looking more professional. The pin uses gold around its edges and doesn't have text on it which personally I think looks a lot nicer. Hooray Show switched up their logo after they locked it all down, Paul is a man of style and he must know his current state of logo affairs at the very least could be punched up.

It doesn't matter, the show is amazing and it has me dying laughing so far. We just care about things going well and having a professional look helps. I hope this doesn't seem like i'm coming from a bad place, it just seems worth a look!

Edit: here's a quick mock-up I made with a few changes that actually make it more like the Pin and a bit less bland. http://i.imgur.com/KASc3Ev.jpg Just an idea of course.

• Like 1

Hey, guys, while I appreciate your... passion, I must tell you that the logo was my design. I worked with someone else to make the finished product, but this is exactly what I wanted it to look like from the very beginning. So the buck stops here. I wanted something extremely simple and I kept pushing until it looked like what I saw in my mind's eye.

There will be a redesign at some point, so hopefully you can all hang in there until that day comes along. Someone contacted me through earwolf to submit a design, which ultimately was too close to the Superego logo. Which, in turn, is too close to the Sheraton Hotel logo. This stuff is tricky!

Sometimes you don't nail it the first time. I have ideas that I think will be better, especially now that the show has been recorded and heard and has an identity and a sensibility.

So please keep all this in mind, and thanks!

• Like 14

I really like the logo and have already asked some friends if they could try to recreate the lapel pin.

I wonder if Mr. Tompkins would consider making the pin available through the Earwolf store or by other means?

• Like 1

When I first saw current logo I had an allergic reaction. So I tried to make a few different suggestions.

http://imgur.com/a/e78ZN

What do you think?

Other than that, the first episode was exquisite!

The 4th one with his face was the strongest imo.

I'd also like one of them pins. I really liked the fan-made logos with the face though, but I see nothing wrong with the current one except that it's clearly a tribute to the illuminati.

• Like 3

There will be a redesign at some point

You know, I'm not one to complain, but I wish I knew this before running out and getting the tramp stamp. Inconsiderate much, Paul? Sheesh.

• Like 4

I guess i'm a bit late to this, but housing a circular logo on a square canvas always looks a bit counter-intuitive to me. It may not look like much in this context (it would do more against the earwolf drop-down menu background for example) but I think a transparent background helps:

http://imgur.com/G67Sx7W

http://imgur.com/G67Sx7W.png

Appreciate the response, Paul, hope we didn't offend! So happy to see this podcast come to fruition.

Back in my day podcasts didn't have logos. You recorded the audio file onto a calcified dirt-rock in the snow BOTH WAYS.

• Like 4

I have to be honest, I didn't know what to make of the Spontaneanation logo at first, but after looking at it closely I have realised there are some very specific reasons it was designed the way it was.

Let's check it out. Ordinary logo. Nothing to see here right?

LTChhuq.jpg

But, wait, let's take a closer look...

cF4CFaa.jpg

And a little closer...

fa3ST7u.jpg

There! There seems to be some writing there! Let's try and get just a little closer.

xSae0jl.jpg

Close up A:

fnrUnQi.jpg

Close Up B:

xhlZi4F.jpg

What could it possibly mean?

• Like 6

Thedge, I think it means that Paul's bow tie is much like Thor's hammer Mjölnir or the Green Lantern's power ring in that whoever wields it is granted the full powers of Paul F Tompkins. These powers are varied and remarkable but can also be very dangerous if the wearer is not true of heart and noble of spirit. At the present time it's very likely that the tie has bonded itself to the current PFT and will only pass to a new wearer when the original dies or chooses to relinquish it. At that point, the new tie-wearer will cease to be himself or herself and become the Paul F Tompkins.

• Like 2

I did not know that this was an issue that 1) people were talking about nor 2) had been solved by PFT himself! I know I've been stressing about it for some time myself, though, aand so I'd like to share my own designs, if that's OK With the community and/or the Content Creator Himself.

ajVznXi.jpgPem9eB6.jpgILiMLuZ.jpg

I did not know that this was an issue that 1) people were talking about nor 2) had been solved by PFT himself! I know I've been stressing about it for some time myself, though, aand so I'd like to share my own designs, if that's OK With the community and/or the Content Creator Himself.

Hey(nong) man, I like the designs but if I may offer a word of advice, the shorthand people seem to be using for the show is "Spont".

So you may want to modify or design a graphic where instead of seeing "Spon" the top line would read "Spont".

Just a thought. I like your stuff though.

Sign in to follow this