🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 2 - A Mechanic's Garage

Paul F. Tompkins sends his greetings from the shores of Spontaneanation and this week he is joined by special guest Michael McMillian of True Blood! They chat about what perpetual age Michael thinks of himself to be, studying clowning in college, and learning adult responsibilities in high school as part of the Exchange City program. Paul then is joined by improvisers Shulie Cowen, Marc Evan Jackson, Mark McConville, and as always, the wonderful Eban Schletter on piano to improvise a story set in a Mechanic’s Garage. Oh, there WILL be a dance-off!

• Like 1

soundcloud not loading for anyone else?

Same problem. Also no Comedy Bang Bang?!

Edit: Link works now, all is right in the universe.

• Like 1

July is in the midst of posting a dozen new episodes and, to the best of my knowledge, Comedy Bang Bang has never missed a week since it debuted in 2009. Relax.

• Like 1

I REFUSE TO RELAX

but on that note, it is a little much to expect it RIGHT at 12pm everytime but we only expect it becuase you guys are usually so right on the noise with it so we have become used to it,

• Like 1

thanks dan. last minute additions are being done to the new cbb so it's coming and spoiler (not really) a bonus cbb is coming on thursday as well.

edit: but we should really be talking about this new SPONT ep. it's real real good.

• Like 6

Check out the mood candles in the studio. It truly is night time on the SPONTernet!

• Like 4

PFT makes listening to ads fun to listen to... Sean and Hayes on the other hand... naw they are alright

• Like 2

The 'The Batman' portion of the conversation was UH-MAZE-ZING. I was doubled over in my paper-thin-walled apartment trying my best not to disturb my slumbering neighbors and FAILING.

• Like 1

Dancing With The Stars. Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson

This was de-bloody-lightful

• Like 2

Check out the mood candles in the studio. It truly is night time on the SPONTernet!

Puts me in the mood.

Dancing With The Stars. Hosted by Neil Degrasse Tyson

This was de-bloody-lightful

All those "promo" spots demolished me with their hilariousness.

• Like 1

Aw yeah. Spontaneation goes out on Mondays? Now this is the way to start the week off! Thank you, Earwolf :D

• Like 2

Is it weird that I stood during the Power Puff Girls' national anthem? To be fair, I was driving at the time...

• Like 5

Babies: There's Got to Be a Better Way

that opening riff was amazing, maybe the funniest since the racoon one from the Pod F Tompkast episode 7

• Like 2

This podcast need to be three hours long

so far it seems like

~10 minutes for the monologue/intro

~35 minutes for the interview

~45 minutes for the improv

which makes but a 90 podcast, but somehow each segment feels short and i want them to just keep going, Each one could be twice as long!

Or its almost like listening to three different PFT podcasts in a row

• Like 1

Woo! Comic books and horror movies! This is my sweet spot.

In fairness to Gotham's local thugs, there IS a giant bat who flies around and does stuff (Man-Bat). So I could see how they would think there is one targeting them.

• Like 4

Woo! Comic books and horror movies! This is my sweet spot.

In fairness to Gotham's local thugs, there IS a giant bat who flies around and does stuff (Man-Bat). So I could see how they would think there is one targeting them.

I also thought of Man-Bat at that point in the conversation! I used to have an action figure of him and it was one of my favorites.

This was another great episode. The monologue, interview and improv scene were all fantastic. I hope this podcast goes on forever or, selfishly, at least until I die.

Some moments I loved:

- A diaper full of explanations

- Settlers of Catan mixed with the Stanford Prison Experiment

- A mysterious $5 bill appears... Sully uses Dance... It is not very effective... Sully fainted...

- "Powerpuff, Powerpuff, Powerpuff..."

- Affable Bowel Syndrome, there is no cure

- Coach tips (here's a Coach tip: "Coach" is returning to TV this fall)

- PFT's Irish cop suspiciously sounded exactly like Atlas from Bioshock when he's doing his fake Irish accent...

• Like 6

the coach's tips were a definite highlight of the episode for me...

1. write poetry like someone thinks it's good

2. TiVo your favorite shows like you're gonna watch 'em later

3. drink water every three days to survive

• Like 9

spoiler (not really) a bonus cbb is coming on thursday as well.

You forgot to count down from 100.

This was SPONTASTIC! The baby monologue, the Batman talk, and the Powerpuff anthem were my favorite moments, like apparently everyone else.

• Like 4

I've been to Exchange City! It is in Kansas City. I don't remember it being like a cleared out office, but it is pretty fake. For some reason I was given the low level job of "back maker." I actually think it was titled "Sack Maker." I burst into tears getting my job assignment and it put a cloud over the whole day. We decorated the bags for the various shops around the town. Unlike Michael, I got confused with the whole check & bank process and faked sick the second half of the day to avoid it. I still got paid for that shift.

I know this is very loosely related, but hearing this mentioned blew my mind.

• Like 2

No wonder why DC has been so successful; I mean, the ingenuity of the writers to come up with unique names like Batman AND Man-Bat?

Truly staggering!

• Like 2

"have you priced peanuts lately? It's NUTS!" even the ads are a delight with PFT!

also, listen to Eban at 5:18 "i've done podcasts before..."

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this