🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 78 — Listeners Again, Our Close Friends

To: Everyone (especially Gameofscones)

Can you please post your favorite popcorn gallery memory?

Thanks!

• Like 2

I can't remember one solid moment from the popcorn gallery.

It's honestly the worst segment in podcasting.

I guess...Andy jizzing over hearing Lauren Lapkus's voice....

I guess.

• Like 9

Hey Game of Scones, remember when Sean called you a "deep cut"? I do.

• Like 15

Hey Val B. I think you are a cool lady as well. Why do you choose the avatar that you do? And Gameofscones, your sconiness in your reply shows how deep a cut you really are!

edit: This is the tenth lady post in a row!

Oh dear it would seem I was bamboozled.

• Like 8

worst segment in podcasting!

this is an outlandish claim

• Like 12

Game of Scones, you were lying about having boobs? I guess you were lying about having a deep cut too then.

Hmm.. is that a funny joke or no? Can't decide, can't decide..hmm..okay, I guess I'll leave it. Annnddd POST.

• Like 22

Game of Scones, you were lying about having boobs? I guess you were lying about having a deep cut too then.

Hmm.. is that a funny joke or no? Can't decide, can't decide..hmm..okay, I guess I'll leave it. Annnddd POST.

Its definitely a good joke and I'm laughing my whole butt off. You should email it to yourself because I happen to know that Jay Mohr/Carlos Mencia/Dane Cook post on this forum ALL THE TIME.

P.S. Just call me Scones. Game of Scones is my father's name.

P.S.S. Is that a good joke?

P.S.S.S. Boy.

• Like 10

haven't really read any of the posts today but I feel like it's in a good enough place where I can just say "haha good stuff today, gang!" and that will about cover it so:

Haha good stuff today, gang!

• Like 10

I don't get it. Are they supposed to be gay in the first one?

Sorry I'm not good at math.

It's the cast of Looking plus chocolate equals cast of Entourage.

• Like 5

Joke notes: at first it wasn't funny. Lying about boobs isn't funny. Then you made a call back, which made it a little funnier. THEN you joked about if it was a joke or not. I'll be honest, you were winning me over. You demonstrated vulnerability and impulsiveness. By the end you earned a full hearted chuckle. 4 stars.

• Like 4

Prolly rate this episode 77 out 78. 1 above the Jason Nash episode.

I could tell Sean Clements and Dominic Dierkes wrote this week's Workofholics about two minutes in.

• Like 10

Is Workofholics good? I tried to watch an episode like a year ago and that dude with the long hair and skeevy mustache skeeved me out to an extent I had to stop watching

• Like 1

Some recent fond memories of the pcorn gallery:

I can't even remember which guest it was....but when they read a question from corpsefucker shitlord, and the guest didn't have much of a reaction to his name and then that turned into a whole thing.

And of course the Kumail episode where they asked my question. Instant classic.

P.s. I love that my iPad Now auto completes the words corpsefucker, shitlord, and skelington

• Like 5

i am watching workaholics right now (paused to catch up on the forums(good work on the forums everyone))

i quite like it but i especially like it when sean is in it and i'm like "it's sean from hollywood handbook!!" or when sean has written it and i'm like "it's sean from hollywood handbook!!"

p.s. we got builders next door drilling into the floor and smashing bricks together and getting all dusty and listening to terrible loud music. they are noisy and they sound rude and i wouldn't like to hang out with those guys. thanks

• Like 11

Secret love story?

v8QKHFX.jpg

I'm constantly feeling butts and taking names.

• Like 12

I am new to the podcast. Which are the best episodes? I just listened to the Dave Thomas one and it was amazing. Listened to Sodaro, PFT, mostly the names I recognized.

I'm now using "speak on that" all the time.

• Like 14

I am new to the podcast. Which are the best episodes? I just listened to the Dave Thomas one and it was amazing. Listened to Sodaro, PFT, mostly the names I recognized.

You could probably start anywhere. For the most part there is no continuity, except with ads. My personal fav is 25.

• Like 2

Matt Gourley, Our Close Friend is pretty fantastic.

Second, like Liam, I have a particular set of skills. Unlike a lot of you those are not artistic skills. That said, I did create something in my brain and then the internets. It is silly, but I would lie if I said I am not really enjoying it. If you care to humor me by going to #raficruz to check out these creations I would be honored. Ted Cruz was born Raphael Cruz. For some reason this connected in my brain to the wisdom of Rafi from The League. Hopefully hilarity ensues.

• Like 4

Obama making rookie forumer mistakes here just aping Sean's bits. Clearly he needs to read McGurl's Guide again.

tOvkFV3.png

"There was a roar of laughter..."

"He made the crowds laugh out loud..."

Well, the Likes'll roll off real quick if you keep this up, Mr. President.

• Like 19

Some of the recent ones have been pretty great - notably Thomas Middleditch and Nicole Byer. Ultimately, you're going to be listening to all of them, so you may as well just start going in order from number 1. Or going backwards from the latest one. Or spiralling out from the middle. My point is that you should be systematic, so that you can avoid accidentally listening to the same episode twice.

• Like 3

p.s. we got builders next door drilling into the floor and smashing bricks together and getting all dusty and listening to terrible loud music. they are noisy and they sound rude and i wouldn't like to hang out with those guys. thanks

Are these builders at least hunky and fun to look at? If not, I recommend shaking your fist at them until they leave.

PS - workaholics is great. Everyone should start from the beginning and go all the way through.

PPS - HH is great. Everyone should start from the beginning and go all the way through.

• Like 10

You're going to want to listen to all of HH in order and all of Reality Show Show in order. Or out of order, but you're going to listen to it either way. Eventually you'll branch out and seek Sean and Hayes on other shows like with Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, Trends with Benefits*, and Haim Slides. You will learn at the feet of Sean and Hayes about laughs, smartness, funniness, funny smartness, smart funniness, etc. And it will be good.

*Shoutout to Agata, Gabe, & July

• Like 10