🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

The Day After Tomorrow (2004)

This 2004 "epic" is nothing more than Roland Emmerich exploiting the very real threat of global warming for the sake of entertainment, with one of the most ridiculous plots ever put on screen. In fact, the plot of this movie was so stupid that "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone actually tried to do a shot-for-shot remake of it, done for laughs this time, with puppets, that was supposed to come out the day after the release of this movie (of course, they were barred from doing so, and did Team America: World Police instead)! This one was made for HDTGM!

• Like 1

Best thing about this is Dara O'Brein the Irish comic, does a whole routine about why the plot would make more sense if they replaced Neutrios with Latinos.

I've been wanting to make this topic for so long but I was convinced it was already there and I just couldn't find it.

This is probably my favorite bad movie? I'll watch it every time it's on TV and I have to say the commentary with Roland Emmerich and another writer make it that much better. When the director is making fun of his own movie then you know you have GOLD!

• Like 2

I wanna bump this cause this is still my favorite bad movie.

Also why not make this my 400th post.

• Like 3

2 YEARS AND NOT A SINGLE PERSON CAME BACK IN ON THIS???

I'm so disappointed in everyone.

Oh I LOVE this movie. I put this up there with Face/Off as "Thank GOD This Got Made!"

In theory I am with you on this as a candidate, but I have all my Roland Emmerich chips right now on them doing 2012 because 2012 has the Emergency Giraffe Airlift and I feel strongly about my life choices.

In theory I am with you on this as a candidate, but I have all my Roland Emmerich chips right now on them doing 2012 because 2012 has the Emergency Giraffe Airlift and I feel strongly about my life choices.

Unfortunately on that front Paul said a couple of years ago on a mini-ep that they would never do 2012 because it's just too long and not fun enough for an episode.

• Like 1

Unfortunately on that front Paul said a couple of years ago on a mini-ep that they would never do 2012 because it's just too long and not fun enough for an episode.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Cant fault him for that. As much as I would love to hear them talk about The Langoliers, its insane length immediately disqualifies it from the running.

• Like 1

Cant fault him for that. As much as I would love to hear them talk about The Langoliers, its insane length immediately disqualifies it from the running.

I saw The Langoliers so young I thought it was a fever dream for most of my life, and then I thought maybe I had just seen Tremors and invented scenes. It's the wildest movie!

• Like 1

I think its easily the one I like most out of all the mini series they did. Bronson Pinchot gives one of my all time favorite performances in a movie he's absolutely amazing in it.

My friends were getting stir crazy watching this movie. They were so bored, they started telling awful knock knock jokes whenever something bad happened.

Sign in to follow this