🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 79 — Mary Holland, Our Close Friend

Hayes and Sean give another update about their pilot and address a couple of super fans. Then, funny lady MARY HOLLAND comes by to talk about hot sauce and getting arrested, and then play a game of "Queue and A". Finally, Hayes and "Sean" bring out the Popcorn Gallery to ask Mary about being sweaty, movies, and tattoos.

• Like 8

Great episode! But mostly I wanted to mention that I received my Sergeant Sean's Loot Crate Preview Bag. It's just a sneak peek of what we can expect to receive in the full crate, but I have to say I'm really enjoying the hot sauce packets. I almost forgot how delicious Arby's spicy three pepper sauce is. Also, I drew a picture of Eddith Massey on my Preview Bag penny, and I keep it under my pillow for good luck. So far I haven't won the lottery, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I'm not sure exactly what to do with this bag of hair (smells like dog hair?). What are my fellow Sergeant Sean's Loot Craters doing with their hair? Suggestions would be most appreciated.

• Like 6

Shit!

My new thing was gonna be that I'm the guy who posts first on these episodes.

One day I'll find my niche around here, just not today.

Maybe next week.

• Like 8

Netflix believes me to enjoy Quirky Independent Emotional Comedies Featuring a Strong Female Lead and Talking-Animal Animation. Hopefully there is a movie out there combining both these genres.

• Like 2

(I agree). Whoever it was who was looking for episode recommendations, you should listen to this one.

Also, I thought it would be a good test of my photoshop prowess to see what Mary would (or should I say WILL) look like as one of the next Spidermen.

Spiderman Concept art.png

• Like 6

How could Mary live be in prisons with a spider on her face? Wouldn't she be living in constant fear? That so scary.

• Like 1

WOW. I'm gonna miss Tim and Anastasia around here so much.

Plus they're so right about listening to a live episode in a car. This is what it felt like the first time I heard one and I had to pull over and couldn't move for 3 days. Haven't listened to a live one since:

dirk-minnieild-story-pic-img_7916.jpg

• Like 11

I made a theme for "Q & A (Q Like Netflix Queue)", hope u like it

• Like 9

#teamtreese took a big hit today, but I was vindicated in my decision to join when Joe McGurl continued his inability afford the pro version.

• Like 3

Anyone have $9k lying around that they could bum me for a a Sgt Sean's Loot Crate?

• Like 6

Anyone have $9k lying around that they could bum me for a a Sgt Sean's Loot Crate?

Sell some of his funny cards for the profit!

so that's the end of the pilot story, what happens next week? Mary Holland was really fun too.

Also I'm feeling pretty sore that I didn't get to ask a PCG question, which would have been "If you love the nation of the dutch people so much why don't you be legally wed to it?"

• Like 4

Why didn't anyone warn me abut the crushing disappointment from not getting your PCG question read. I woke up this morning more excited than a child on Christmas day. Now post-listen I feel like a shallow husk of a man, more empty than I've ever felt.

• Like 5

Boy, I step away from the forums for a few thousand posts and now there are people OTHER THAN TIM declaring themselves members of #teamtreese?

I think John Lennon and Mary have the same horny noises. I heard him yelling the same stuff a few decades ago when he was having sex nearby.

Sorry everybody. Gonna crawl back in my hole now.

• Like 13

so that's the end of the pilot story, what happens next week? Mary Holland was really fun too.

Also I'm feeling pretty sore that I didn't get to ask a PCG question, which would have been "If you love the nation of the dutch people so much why don't you be legally wed to it?"

Don't feel bad Skizelo. I asked a very similar question (VERY similar), which they did mention on the show but I did not get credit for it, yet again. This is the second time guys. You'll be hearing from my attorney.

That aside, this was a great episode. I can almost forgive her for canceling twice.

• Like 4

Don't feel bad Skizelo. I asked a very similar question (VERY similar), which they did mention on the show but I did not get credit for it, yet again. This is the second time guys. You'll be hearing from my attorney.

That aside, this was a great episode. I can almost forgive her for canceling twice.

gREAt minds think alike Steve, and I guess so do ours as well.

• Like 6

is that outro new, or am I a rude fuckin asshole and never noticed it before???

edit: also this episode is "heap good", and I DON'T just say that because I'm hving computer code problems right now involving limited stack/heap space. it really was "heap good"

Edited by mwn
  • Like 13

Why didn't anyone warn me abut the crushing disappointment from not getting your PCG question read. I woke up this morning more excited than a child on Christmas day. Now post-listen I feel like a shallow husk of a man, more empty than I've ever felt.

Yes it is quite jarring isn't it.

I've received a pro version and a couple of post likes from Hayes but no popcorn questions asked.

It used to bum me out but after hearing their treatment of Joe vis-à-vis the Pro Version I'm kinda glad.

I think they're both threatened by how handsome he is.

• Like 7

This was a refreshing podcast to listen to. It's amazing the strides Sean has made in being having the ladies make the choices now and it not actually being so glass ceiling anymore and also being nice and cool. Hopefully old man Hayes hopes aboard the equality train soon, or at the very least has some less mouthy broads on the show.

• Like 8

This was a refreshing podcast to listen to. It's amazing the strides Sean has made in being having the ladies make the choices now and it not actually being so glass ceiling anymore and also being nice and cool. Hopefully old man Hayes hopes aboard the equality train soon, or at the very least has some less mouthy broads on the show.

I won't say great first post because that's Joe McGurl's territory, but I WILL say great user name!

• Like 2

Wow, great episode. Not only did I finally get to find out how Mary feels about movies, but Hayes gave us our first "too scary" in a while, I believe! However, I am very upset that Tim and Anastasia have been forced to move on from the show. Are the boys jealous, afraid that the listeners will like these two more than the hosts?

• Like 15

I've been slacking off on these forums. P. bad behaviour, and I was going to ask Mary such a good question but now no-one will ever know :(

I enjoyed this ep very much on a walk today. This is where I stopped to take a picture for forums. Approximately 2 minutes later I had to do a bunch of smiling with wobbly-mouth-edges-because-I'm-barely-containing-laughter at a bunch of tourists while listening to Hayes getting caught mansplaining.

1RLEqsKl.jpg

SQHIl1Pl.jpg

Stockholm was a bit rainy 2day

• Like 15