🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 1610 - Guy Branum

Great episode. I really enjoy the occasional show where they veer into sincere conversations about important stuff.

• Like 5

Guy owned the room. I'm relatively new to NNF (once it came to EW), but it seemed like Jimmy and Matt gave Guy room to talk. If you get the video feed, Jimmy & Matt were watching Guy the whole time.

Got to have him on again.

• Like 4

I havent been a NNF listener for all that long, but whenever I heard Jimmy say the name "Peter Pardini" I just assumed that was a magician character that Jimmy created, so it was nice to have that mystery solved

• Like 5

This was just terrific. Guy was phenomenal. The discussion on how comedy clubs can be uncomfortable for gay people was really interesting. Like Dan said above, I love when a show can give us conversations like that.

• Like 6

All I can say is ditto. It was nice to hear Matt say "I find comedy geared to a specific audience to be cornball" because I definitely feel that way too, and then to have Guy say not necessarily. It helps me to hear that and not be so close minded with my opinions.

I have completely fallen in love with this show (thanks Scott Aukerman!) I'm working my way backwards with the old episodes and am at season 10 now. I could listen to these guys rap all day.

• Like 3

Fantastic ep. Guy really got me when he described people who vape as "bounty hunters from the future".

• Like 7

"That negro that's running this country into the ground" I almost die.

And Guy's Muppet-style laugh omg

It caught me off guard so much.

• Like 1

Great to hear Guy on the show, always great to get someone equally larger than life going toe to toe with Jimmy.

Also, re: the almonds thing, it totally is a scapegoating, and one of the things that gets missed in the conversation is that actually compared to comparable food products (sure, lettuce uses less water, but it's not nutritionally equivalent) almonds actually do pretty well--they're less water-intensive-per-calorie than any non-poultry meat, and less than a lot of legumes (garbanzos use a ton more water, and are also intensively grown in the area). Plus, it's much more reasonable to substitute away from an annually planted crop like garbanzos and leave fields fallow for a season than to abandon an orchard crop and end up with a lot of expensive firewood (or at least damage future production).

• Like 2

It caught me off guard so much.

I try to really consider context, and we know Jimmy doesn't think that way so it's hilarious. Risqué comedy is simply funnier, sadly.

But as a white man, I'm in no place to say when "negro" is ok to say.

• Like 1

I try to really consider context, and we know Jimmy doesn't think that way so it's hilarious. Risqué comedy is simply funnier, sadly.

But as a white man, I'm in no place to say when "negro" is ok to say.

It made me bark laughing because it was just so unexpected and because we know that isn't near close to how he actually feels. Plus Guy running with it and helping him dig deeper and deeper was wonderful.

• Like 3

idk if this is allowed but i agree bruce, jerk was also my first thought

• Like 2

This would have been more impressive if you guys simultaneously said "jism".

• Like 6

Also haven't listened yet, but has Jitterbug been done already?

• Like 2

ok I'm halfway in and 16J is fuckin amazing, they should have pizza with every episode

• Like 2