🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 108 — Con Air LIVE!

Where's the new mini episode today? My Friday feels incomplete!

• Like 3

Correction/Omission: In the scene in the bar, the very first thing the hick says is (to his friend), "I'd take a beating to within half of my life to get close to that woman." Foreshadowing: nailed it.

• Like 2

Where's the new mini episode today? My Friday feels incomplete!

Was thinking the same thing.

This was bar-quiz question two nights ago ~ category is movies where the title is spoken in the dialog:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking.

I have the only gun on board.

Welcome to _____.

Joy washed over me as I realized I could at least contribute one measly point to our total...God Bless Con Air

(I also recognized the Tainted Love sample in a song all the way from the standing pissoir but it really doesn't compare...)

• Like 3

1. Why did Tricia continue to work as a waitress in a kind-of-seedy bar (well, it did have 3 psychotic redneck) when she’s 9 months/ 1 hour/ allegedly pregnant? Won’t this increase the chance of miscarriage? She should stay at home and rest. A better question: why did Poe, who seemed to be very protective of his wife, let her work in this kind of bar, especially since a beautiful waitress like her must had been harassed by more than 3 redneck? He’d worked as an army ranger, so they must save up quite a bit of money. If they really short on cash, Poe could have gone and look for a job. Or if she really, really likes to be a waitress, go work in somewhere safer, somewhere she didn’t have to come home really late at night.

2. Why didn’t the media pick up on this manslaughter case? A war hero was arrested for killing a rapist thug in order to defend his beautiful pregnant wife? Come on! News channels and journalists love this kind of story. There should have been people outside the courthouse, protesting with signs like “Free Cameron Poe,” “Let our p-Poe go!” (sorry, not very good with sign puns)

3. The loose brick in Cyrus’ cell might have been a nod, or an attempt to pay homage to The Shawshank Redemption?

4. A possible Jerry Bruckheimer defense for the cop’s comment on Pinball's body: “Have you ever thought that maybe this officer is really into astronauts and know everything there is to know about astronauts and like Jeff Winger in Community writes letters to astronauts? Which is why he’s fairly certain the body did not believe to an astronauts. You say my movie is full of one dimensional characters. Boom! Here’s one 3 dimensional character who has hobbies and hopes and dreams – and he only appears in one scene!”

5. The Ranger Creed does have something about not leaving your comrades behind – well, kind of: “I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.” (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ranger_Creed)

6. It occurred to me, after reading a wiki article on “Planet Hulk,” there are similarities between the Hulk and Poe. The Hulk were sent away by the Avengers, and ended up in a prison-like planet, and Poe got sent to jail; in both cases, the reasons for their imprisonment had something to do with their bodies being, or perceived to be, dead weapons. Like Poe, the Hulk returned home (earth) in a flying vehicle which was full of dangerous characters. And like the Hulk, Poe became more powerful when he became angry. Oh my God! Poe is the Hulk!

Yeah, I know this is a stretch…

• Like 1

Just a little thing. Why was Poe even on the plane? It must cost at least a few grand per passenger, why would the government spend that when they could just throw him out the door and tell him to catch the bus? Is the US government so willing transport their ex cons across the country at the tax payers expense? And why couldn't his wife pick him up anyway? How far was his prison from his home?

Like June, I hate planes. And I had a lot of plane rides. And it seems that the convicts on the plane had far bigger stretching space than a passenger on a normal econmy-class passenger seat!

5. The Ranger Creed does have something about not leaving your comrades behind – well, kind of: “I will never leave a fallen comrade to fall into the hands of the enemy and under no circumstances will I ever embarrass my country.” (http://en.wikipedia....ki/Ranger_Creed)

Soon as I heard him bring it up I checked through 8 pages of comments to see if anybody had already gone to the trouble of making the correction. Well done.

RLTW

I'm fairly sure Donald Trump saw this movie, thought it was a documentary, and used that information to formulate his entire presidential platform.

Also, tagline: What the fuck is happening? Who cares. Explosion.

• Like 1