🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 1 - Jason Mantzoukas, Seth Morris: Spotlight On: Dr. Lionel Drioche

Broadcasting LIVE from the Marina Del Ray Public Library, everybody’s favorite intern Marissa Wompler and her teacher/mentor/co-host/former sniper, Charlotte Listler bring you the first episode of Marissa’s new school project podcast WOMP IT UP! Marissa’s one-time flame Eric “Gutterballs” Gutterman (Jason Mantzoukas) joins them to dish on everything that’s happening at Marina Del Ray Public High School in his signature segment “Gutterballing with Eric Gutterman.” Later, Marissa & Listler put the Spotlight On: Dr. Lionel Drioche (Seth Morris) and learn what it’s like leading the theatre department of Marina Del Ray High. Finally, Listler answers love questions from loyal listeners during “Listler’s Love Lockdown.”

• Like 1

Darn it Wompler what is with this "hello America" stuff? Your audience is international!

• Like 5

A theater teacher starving his female students? Sounds like this guy might know a certain theatrical director. The Womplerverse is even more expansive than I realized.

• Like 4

I can't stand how attracted I am to Gutterballs as a result of how softly Zouks speaks in character as him.

• Like 6

Can I say how much I love the work that my Hamrbother did on that damn boombox? I'd attempt to do windmills spinning around on cardboard listening to Listler play "Rhythm of the Night" on that glorious thing if I were fake and it were real!

• Like 1

"BOTTOM BITS?!"

Great stuff. So if this takes place in August/September 2014, are we going to get weekly episodes following that timeline? Does Gutterballs take seven months to complete post-production on each episode?

• Like 2

"BOTTOM BITS?!"

Great stuff. So if this takes place in August/September 2014, are we going to get weekly episodes following that timeline? Does Gutterballs take seven months to complete post-production on each episode?

That just feels right, doesn't it?

• Like 3

Greatest podcast ever!

This Monday on Earwolf is the greatest day ever.... I4H 420 Special, CBB, Spontinanation, and most importantly, the greatest podcast ever made! There's nothing finer than hearing Wompler and Listler coming through my earholes on this great day. I was laughing so hard at work, but really lost my shit when segment "Gutterballn' with Gutterballs" came on.

With all the hell going on at my work (computer programs not loading, etc),WOMP IT UP! made my day.

• Like 4

“Scott has been kind of a den mother to comics for years." - Zach Galifinakis

It's so freaking true: the ADPPP, w/Special Guest, and now WOMP IT UP! KEEP THEM COMING!!

(Now if only we could get that Paul F. Tompkins a podcast.....)

• Like 1

Jason Mantzoukas spends so many hours of his life trying to wrangle weirdos into correctly recording podcast cold opens.

• Like 8

This is everything I hoped it would be. I love that they do the commercials in character.

I loved that she couldn't seem to get the Listler voice right during the commercials and was starting to break.

• Like 1

This is everything I hoped it would be. I love that they do the commercials in character.

"....in....character....???" What do you mean? Wompler and Listler are real

• Like 2

This is so good it hurts.

4/20/15 may go down as the greatest day in podcast history aka podcastory.

• Like 2

"I didn't like that beef stromboli, so I told him to shove it up his butthole!"

"Well he did, and that was..."

"And he burned himself!"

I feel bad for laughing at poor Mr. Palminteri's predicament.

• Like 1

I love Womp it Up!! So happy that they have their own show!!

P. S. I love Jason Mantzoukas.

• Like 2