earwolf app iphone ios andriod phone forums listen Earwolf IOS and Android App

3 replies to this topic

#1 BradVan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 21 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Wouldnt it be awesome they made an Earwolf app?

Download/stream all earwolf podcasts
Better functionality for viewing forums, posting topics, replying to threads
Purchase things from the earwolf store
All within one app.. I mean come on, wouldn't that be the best? I would even pay for the app

What do we have to do to get this made?

I can't be the only one that thinks it would be awesome :D

#2 Dan Engler

Ombudsman

• Administrators
  • 1,608 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

No idea what Earwolf's current plans are, but they once offered a free iOS app that basically did everything you describe. When I spoke to Jeff (Ullrich, former CEO) about it, it wasn't financially viable to maintain the app year after year, and that was before all-purpose podcast apps were widely adopted and Apple starting shipping one with the OS.
Disclaimer: I am not an Earwolf employee. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Midroll Media LLC.

#3 BradVan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis

Posted 22 April 2015 - 06:11 PM

View PostDan Engler, on 21 April 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

No idea what Earwolf's current plans are, but they once offered a free iOS app that basically did everything you describe. When I spoke to Jeff (Ullrich, former CEO) about it, it wasn't financially viable to maintain the app year after year, and that was before all-purpose podcast apps were widely adopted and Apple starting shipping one with the OS.

Oh really? I must have missed out on that. I sure would love to see it. Id like to think they have grown to be able to sustain that now but not sure the timeline of when they tried it.
Midroll app would be great too. Earwolf/Wolfpop all in one. I guess a guy can dream.

Thank you Dan for the response, I had no idea they did that in the past.

#4 DirkSteele

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

There was the Howl app, but that was pretty bad. The worst part was listening to ads for ad-free shows on shows that were supposedly ad free.

Stitcher is a breath of fresh air, though, since now we can listen to ads for Stitcher Premium on "ad-free" Stitcher Premium shows.