🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 229 — Leading Love Man

Kulap and Howard welcome to the show Ken Marino, who promptly rekindles memories for Howard of where he was the day that Michael Jackson died. Then, Ken demonstrates his flawless impression of Winnie-the-Pooh, his endless curiosity of what music is, and why the era of digital music has rendered Paul McCartney silent. Additionally, the gang pontificates on what the market value would be of Ken's new business, wherein he does personal, in home, performances of characters that he's played. Later, the crew debates whether or not horse cops are productive and why a safe room is absolutely imperative for anyone that plans on doing Karaoke. Lastly, Ken talks about some of his earliest comedic influences.

• Like 1

Best ep in a while, I love when they dig into a guest/the guest explains the reasons for their answers.

• Like 2

I didn't realize how few lyrics of 'Delta Lady' I knew. Like that he sang the words 'Delta Lady.'

"Hard broiled detective."

-howard kremer

IZoCTAo.jpg

• Like 4

Give it up, Kremer, space always wins.

BAN THIS MAN!

• Like 1

Definitely one of my favorite episodes in a while! Ken's energy combined with Ku and How was infectious!

• Like 1

Ken is the freaking best, I have no idea why he was never able to get Hollywood clout to be a leading comedy man like they allude to on the episode. I really thought he would shoot to stardom gradually after The State as he was "the attractive one". Who would have thought it would be Tom Lennon being famous for wearing short shorts for years.

• Like 1

Damn! I just planned a vacation to LA for the weekend of May 23 because I wanted to go to Summah Summit!! Now when will it be?! I wanna go so badly!

I would pay $200 to have Ken come to a party dressed as Ron Donald and sing the Closing Up the Plug Bag theme for two hours, with party guests getting to take turns doing the Casey Wilson/Bro/Tiny/Pie Minister parts.

• Like 2

I would pay $200 to have Ken come to a party dressed as Ron Donald and sing the Closing Up the Plug Bag theme for two hours, with party guests getting to take turns doing the Casey Wilson/Bro/Tiny/Pie Minister parts.

I would pay him $400 to come to my house and re-enact the public toilet/bathroom attendant scene from The State!

• Like 1

I would pay him $400 to come to my house and re-enact the public toilet/bathroom attendant scene from The State!

I would pay $240 for Ken to deliver a large quantity of pudding to my house.

• Like 1

I love that when Ken was asked about his favorite State sketches, he didn't have to hesitate before putting Porcupine Racetrack at the top of the list.

I think it was Tom Lennon in the DVD commentary who said about it, "I like this sketch because it doesn't have jokes."

I still get that song stuck in my head frequently.

• Like 3