Sign in to follow this  
Mathey

Pistol Shrimps Radio, featuring Matt Gourley and Mark McConville

This is Matt Gourley and Mark McConville of Superego (and, more recently, Sponteanation) commentating on the Pistol Shrimps basketball team, which features Stephanie Allyne, Amanda Lund, and other cool ladies of comedy.

Its pretty fun.

• Like 5

Saw this on twitter - an image of some of the legendary officiators at the latest game!

CDOAEbxUsAAHBk9.jpg

• Like 6

good find, thanks mathey

• Like 2

Now with Colin Hanks!

I love that this is a series apparently

• Like 2

Anybody having problems with getting the podcast on Itunes?

Anybody having problems with getting the podcast on Itunes?

Yeah it lets me download them but then won't play the download.

Yeah it lets me download them but then won't play the download.

For some reason¹, iTunes believes it's getting an MP3 file when it's actually an M4A, and tries to read the file using the wrong audio codec after download. (If you download the M4A from a browser and drag it into iTunes, it plays normally.)

If I could figure out why this is happening², I'd ask Mr. Gourley to fix it. In the meantime, here's a workaround:

1. In iTunes, unsubscribe from the Pistol Shrimps Radio feed.

2. Go to File→Subscribe to Podcast… (In older versions of iTunes, this option may be under Advanced instead.)

3. Paste the following URL into the text field and click OK.

http://feeds.soundcloud.com/users/soundcloud:users:11862377/sounds.rss

This will subscribe you to the feed for Superego's SoundCloud account, which is where all of the Pistol Shrimps Radio episodes are being uploaded. The files in this feed are MP3s and play normally in iTunes.

¹ The server is sending a Content-type: audio/mpeg header instead of audio/mp4

² Something to do with using Heroku to deliver a subset of SoundCloud uploads as a separate podcast? The main Superego feed contains M4A files, but those play in iTunes.

• Like 1

For some reason¹, iTunes believes it's getting an MP3 file when it's actually an M4A, and tries to read the file using the wrong audio codec after download. (If you download the M4A from a browser and drag it into iTunes, it plays normally.)

Thank you so much!

UPDATE: Mr. Gourley made some tweaks on the server, and I'm now able to successfully download episodes via the regular iTunes subscription. I don't think the workaround should be necessary any longer.

• Like 1

I'm doing the...Walk of Life to iTunes.

You probably already know this, but PFT guest commentated on last night's episode and ate some chocolate chip cookies with the guys:

• Like 2

PSR is my new favorite thing. Nothing brightens my Wednesday morning like seeing a new ep has dropped.

Anybody catch the PistolShrimps reference as the final words of this weeks I Was There Too?

• Like 2

Been listening since the first episode/game. Its so funny. Sucks that the season's ending. Maybe the Shrimps can have a few scrimmage games before next season.

• Like 2

I only heard about this when it was like 5 deep, but it's a great podcast. A perfect balance of knowing nothing, playing announcers, and just good ole fun.

I'm a few eps behind, but I'm stoked for the PFT one.

• Like 2

So, this happened at tonight's Pistol Shrimps game, apparently:

Wishes do come true!

• Like 1

That game against the ex-NBA players was amazing. Apparently the guy who was giving people the stink eye is Ike Diogu* - he takes his b-ball pretty damn seriously, which reminds me why I don't like professional sports very much. I much prefer athletes who are out to have fun, as exemplified by the Shrimps and their announcers. Whatever the stats, it was pretty inspiring to hear them hanging tough against such overwhelming opposition.

Pistol Shrimps_1.png

Look forward to the next season!

* Weird and perhaps ironic thing I found about Diogu - he captained the Nigerian team in the London Olympics, and his team lost to the USA team by 83 points. He was pretty serious about that too, understandably, as it was Nigeria's first appearance in Olympic basketball. I think he's probably a pretty decent guy, just very intense on the court.

http://nypost.com/20...-true-blessing/

Edited by Mathey
  • Like 2

Dear Matt, Catherine Bach was Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazard.

Barbara Bach was in Caveman (1981).

an easy #Bach boo-boo to beget (6/30/15)

--

god, i love this show. Mark making Tasslehoff Burrfoot references... brilliant.

(dire straits)

• Like 2