πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 108.5 β€” Minisode 108.5

The amount of times Cameron H.'s comments have been read on the minisodes, I think the Earwolf boards owes him some F7 tickets to the nearest theater.

Β 

Cameron H., where to you work? We could make threatening phone calls to get you a day off or SOMETHING.

• Like 3

Β 

Remedy this situation, Cameron, for F7 is truly magnificent.

Β 

Oh, I have no doubt. The problem (not really) is I have a full-time toddler toddling about. I am living in a new area with no friends or family nearby and I really don't trust these new fangled teenagers with their One Directions and Justin Beibers to babysit him. I don't need my son to get exposed to those kinds of shenanigans. I go see F7, and the next thing you know my son's in a boyband! Fuck that! Not on my watch!

Β 

So, I have three possible solutions:

Β 

I suppose I could steal it, but I'm not really down with that. I like people to get compensated for their work. (Yeah, I'm that guy.)

Β 

I can drop him at a firehouse drop off center, but I am sort of attached to him and would be afraid I might have trouble getting him back.

Β 

Or, and I think this might be the simplest solution, is to just bring him with me and just have his tiny head blown clear off by its sheer magnificence. I mean, where is he going to learn about the physics of driving a car through the window of one skyscraper and into another? And he's got to learn to be a man from someone, right? Who's better suited for that, me or Vin Diesel? ....That's what I thought.

• Like 3

I simply couldn't wait to talk/post about "Face / Off"...

Β 

So I just Re-watched "Face / Off" , a movie that I probably seen 10 times on T.V. but never really gave it a serious, deep, detailed analysis A.K.A. The HDTGM treatment ;) haha

Β 

Disclaimer: I DID NOT attend the live show for this movie, so I have NO IDEA if some or none of this was talked about in the live episode... So don't worry. This is just me geeking out because I'm pumped up for the next ep...

Β 

just logged in to say

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

Β 

I second that emotion. OMG OMG OMG!

Β 

How can you say no to this?

Β 

Β 

I third that emotion. Can't Wait Can't Wait Can't Wait! Also...

Β 

*1997 Spoiler Alert!* and *Long post Alert!*

Β 

Β 

Β 

Here are my notes, observations, lingering questions, mistakes I just discovered and trivia I know from my 2015 viewing of "Face / Off"...

Β 

Β 

Β 

* Executive Producer: Michael Douglas... What?

Β 

* I bet June loved the runway scene... And I bet "Furious 6" got some ideas from it...

Β 

* I'm no doctor but right after they take Travolta/Archer's face off they start giving him a Cage/Castror Troy haircut right away with no face skin just some gauze covering it... I had knee surgery and before it I had to shave my leg because hairs can't get inside your skin/body... My point is either cut the hair before or after the operation... NOT DURING!!!

Β 

* I can't believe I did not noticed for 18 years but... Archer could of totally proved he was him with his fingerprints... Sorry Jason but someone dropped the ball while making this film and did not add the line that the fingerprints can also be swapped during the doctor's exposition.

Β 

* The "Failed Date Night" entry on Eve's Diary is after an entry about the "Last Fight" with Archer... How can this be? She never saw him after that until Castor Troy came back as her husband.

Β 

* I read somewhere ( Maybe IMDB.com ) that the magnetic boots in the prison are the same prop / kind they used in another HDTGM classic "Super Mario Brothers".

Β 

* Is it safe and/or allowed for T.V. networks and/or TIME Magazine cover and report on an F.B.I. Agent Identity before the case gets declassified??? And I know its to get the plot moving but how in a prison that plays nature channel footage non-stop (or any prison for that matter) someone allow its inmates to watch live news report about a bombing I figure that the programming in prison is carefully screened so that it does not rattle the inmates and/or give them crazy ideas (I could be wrong about this. I dont know how this matter is addressed nowadays)... Also the reporter botched the time, the bomb was stopped/disabled 2 seconds before it exploded not 1.

Β 

* The editor re-used prison security program footage from the first fight at the prisons cafeteria because in the scene where Nic Cage as Archer gets sent to the medical ward and he convinces Dubov to help him they start a fight with the medical staff and guards and we cut to the security room and a closeup of the computer monitor then a guard is heard saying something like "I got them" the screen is the same as before because we see that Castors brothers name, Pollux Troy, is also on the list but he was released some time before that scene.

Β 

*John Travolta as Castor Troy gives Eve a foot massage... "Pulp Fiction" refference / connection maybe? ( Vincent Vega: "I ain't saying it's right. But you're saying a foot massage don't mean nothing, and I'm saying it does. Now look, I've given a million ladies a million foot massages, and they all meant something. We act like they don't, but they do, and that's what's so fucking cool about them.").

Β 

* Also at the airport shootout an FBI agent gets his ear shot off and Kirk Baltz who plays Aldo in this movie got his ear cut off in "Reservoir Dogs". #uselesstriviabutnotformeitsnot

Β 

* The date of Michael Archer's death (Sean Archer's son) changes during the movie from 10/9/1991 in the computer case file just before the case is closed to 10/24/1991 in his tombstone... Did he spend 2 weeks in a coma or is it a classified thing so that the general public doesn't know his actual date of death or is it a mistake???

Β 

* The Throath voice thingy is supposed to be "very sensible" but when Nic Cage as Archer gets choked and punched in the neck during the movie nothing really happens to it only when he presses it while calling Eve at work it sounds robotic and at the end when he is trying to convince his daughter not to shoot him (sorta).

Β 

* I catched 2 search warrant references... Near the beginning of the movie when Travolta says that after this he is willing to "get the 4th amendment branded on his butt" by the other person in the line and when the FBI raids Dietrich's Loft. This is one of a few bunch of movies where the authorities and its figures are litterally concered about getting the warrants before proceding on a bust/raid.

Β 

* If you help Nic Cage as Sean Archer you die... ( R.I.P. Dubov, Dietrich and Sasha ).

Β 

* In the shootout at Dietrich's Loft I catched some rhetorical statements while shooting (Or maybe poor writing / acting? Sorry Jason x 2)...

Β 

Dietrich: "Damn, my place is gettin' fucked up" (No shit!)

Β 

And Sasha: "Really?, Really? Come on! Shit!" (Yes "Really", you are a criminal and the authorities are going to shoot back at you if yo shoot them...)

Β 

* Not gonna lie... I loved the way Sasha kicked that FBI agent ass.

Β 

* Nic Cage as Archer is visible during the quick closeup shot and waited for his wife for hours bleeding at/in the blood test lab of the Hospital behind some equipment... Not really hiding at all.

Β 

* After giving it some thought Nic Cage as Archers line "You can't give back what you've taken from me..." (a response to: "So why don't we just trade back?") by the end of the film it turns out that Castor Troy (willing or not) sorta did because Adam is Castor's son but Archer gets him and at the final scene he is part of the family #YOLO #LIKE A BOSS #NAILED IT

Β 

* Thanks to the credits I found out that the "Over The Rainbow" song played during the loft shoot out is performed/sung by Olivia Newton-John from Grease (Grease connection)

Β 

Β 

Β 

P.S. : There is a hilarious "Delocated" episode in season 2 that spoofs "Face / Off" called "Mole" Enjoy... http://vimeo.com/16099693/

• Like 3

Β 

Β 

* After giving it some thought Nic Cage as Archers line "You can't give back what you've taken from me..." (a response to: "So why don't we just trade back?") by the end of the film it turns out that Castor Troy (willing or not) sorta did because Adam is Castor's son but Archer gets him and at the final scene he is part of the family #YOLO #LIKE A BOSS #NAILED IT

Β 

Β 

Β 

Another movie that hilariously does this is Collateral Damage. Schwarzenegger loses his kid in the beginning of the movie, and by the end after throwing the childs mother into an electrical junction box and throwing an ax into the childs father, he gets to take home the newly orphaned child as a replacement.

• Like 3

I simply couldn't wait to talk/post about "Face / Off"...

Β 

So I just Re-watched "Face / Off" , a movie that I probably seen 10 times on T.V. but never really gave it a serious, deep, detailed analysis A.K.A. The HDTGM treatment ;) haha

Β 

* I can't believe I did not noticed for 18 years but... Archer could of totally proved he was him with his fingerprints... Sorry Jason but someone dropped the ball while making this film and did not add the line that the fingerprints can also be swapped during the doctor's exposition.

Β 

Β 

Not only that, but what did prove it was his blood type. However, they transferred an organ (his face) to a new host with a different blood type. You can't do that! It would be rejected so fast. Also, when she takes the blood sample and analyzes it, that isn't how you do it.

• Like 2

It's always an experience trying to convince my fiancee to watch the movies for this podcast ahead of them. Here's how this week's conversation went:

Β 

Me: "Hey, want to watch Con Air this week?"

Β 

Her: "Ummmmm...who's in it?

Β 

Me: "Nicola Ca-

Β 

Her: "No."

Β 

DAMMIT

That sounds very familiar. But to be fair I didn't really want to watch Con Air again either....

They can transport faces to another person but what about the hair lines? how did they get the hair so perfect?

Β 

and then there is one little problem with the wife, forget doing a blood test to see if her husband is hers. all she had to do was take him to bed and check out his wee wee. because I am a betting man that she would know what her husbands little friend looks like, all too well. am I right ladys? Or is she the only woman in the world that never looks down.

• Like 2

I feel like this film may lead me to deliquency.

Β 

tumblr_nihi4sQd7R1tdhimpo1_540.png

• Like 4

Try phoning that number asking for Nick Cage I got hung up on :-(.

Β 

Full clip.

Β 

that was Nick Cage back in his used car salesman days at Coppola motors.

• Like 1

Β 

and then there is one little problem with the wife, forget doing a blood test to see if her husband is hers. all she had to do was take him to bed and check out his wee wee. because I am a betting man that she would know what her husbands little friend looks like, all too well. am I right ladys? Or is she the only woman in the world that never looks down.

Β 

I had the same thought, Jarry! Many times the movie seemed to forget that only their faces were swapped. In fact, I was going to propose that an alternate title for the movie should be Face/Off: Down to the Dick as the surgeons must have been incredibly thorough...

Β 

This is also not accounting for their individual Fuck Stylesβ„’ which I can only imagine would have been wildly different as well.

• Like 2

...I don't even know the alphabet anymore. Is it "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,Y,X,Y and Z?!?!?!?!?!!!...

You replaced "W" with "Y". That was a test, right?

• Like 2

I hope someone mentions the super-ultra-gross visual conjured up by Castor Troy (Cage), hitting on a stewardess: "I could eat a peach for hours."

Β 

I believe he ends up killing her, which she probably took as a relief.

• Like 1

So... many... slow... motion.... shots. Enough already, John Woo.

Β 

Somehow I own the DVD of this movie, even though I am fairly certain I only ever saw it in the theater. Regardless, this is a masterpiece of preposterous, insane action movies.

Β 

I think we should save full discussion for after the episode, but one thing cannot wait. When the FBI raids Dietrich's house to recapture the fugitive Troy-Archer, they wantonly fire - unprovoked - into his house with a fucking HAIL of bullets. This is after we see a POV shot from a sniper rifle where the FBI can clearly see a child and half a dozen or so people who are neither Troy-Archer nor Deitrich. And no care is paid to potential civilians in this ritzy LA neighborhood.

Β 

After this, not only would Archer-Troy not be named Time's Man of the Year, he and his entire team and his superiors would be arrested, Congressional hearings would be called, trials would be held, etc. Hell, even at David Koresh's compound they waited for days/weeks before anything happened.

• Like 2

When the FBI raids Dietrich's house to recapture the fugitive Troy-Archer, they wantonly fire - unprovoked - into his house with a fucking HAIL of bullets. This is after we see a POV shot from a sniper rifle where the FBI can clearly see a child and half a dozen or so people who are neither Troy-Archer nor Deitrich. And no care is paid to potential civilians in this ritzy LA neighborhood.

Β 

Β 

After this, not only would Archer-Troy not be named Time's Man of the Year, he and his entire team and his superiors would be arrested, Congressional hearings would be called, trials would be held, etc. Hell, even at David Koresh's compound they waited for days/weeks before anything happened.

Β 

They had a warrant... Don't even worry about it ;)

• Like 3

This is the stupidest fucking movie they've ever done. More stupid than Monkeyshines. More stupid than All About Steve. More stupid than Color of Night. It's that fucking stupid.

• Like 1