🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 2 - Chris Gethard - Spotlight On: Lil’ Nicky

Back from the Marina Del Ray Public Library, Wompler & Listler are back with another episode of WOMP IT UP hot out of the oven! During Hot Topix, we find out that Wompler agreed to be a part of a foreign exchange program and now has Lil’ Nicky (Chris Gethard), high school student from suburban New Jersey living with her. He joins them bearing Mexican cokes during Listler’s Love Lockdown. Later, we hear about Lil’ Nicky’s passion for mopeds, the kinds of ghosts he has encountered while ghost hunting, and managing Jersey’s hottest acapella group Deep Treble.

The boy boyzillan joke got me good.

and the shout out to the County College of Morris!

So much great content on Mondays, makes the day job that much better.

• Like 1

I adore a lot about Wompler character, but the constant, out-of-nowhere references to New Jersey tickle me like nothing else. I grew up there. MoCo!

great ep

• Like 2

So far, my favorite thing has been Marissa completely aghast at the darker revelations (abortion last time, cousin death this time). That's a running theme I could get used to! I also love the integration of Listler's music collection and Marissa's bewilderment and exasperation with it.

• Like 3

As a life long Morris County resident, these New Jersey references are oddly satisfying.

• Like 2

Is anyone else having a hard time listening to this and not jerking off furiously? Like, several times throughout the podcast? DEFINITELY every time Marissa describes herself, I'm like, "BOOM! EXPLODE!". Right on schedule - right at the mention of Umbros. Lil' Nicky & Marissa talking about her is too much sexy, you guys.

I thought Earwolf couldn't get any sexier. That nothing could beat listening to the HDTGM crew discuss "Earnest Goes to Jail". But nope; 'WOMP IT UP' found a way.

I gotta find a way to deal with this, you guys. I mean, dang, this is only the second episode. This might become a serious problem...

• Like 2

Whenever I hear Listler's music selections come on I always picture Lennon playing them on one of those chunky, old, white ipods.

She always seems to have the perfect song lined up for any situation.

• Like 5

Whenever I hear Listler's music selections come on I always picture Lennon playing them on one of those chunky, old, white ipods.

She always seems to have the perfect song lined up for any situation.

i love those music moments and Wompler's attempts at making an intro theme. Gethard was hilarious as expected. I wonder if they will ever run into their old friend Dabney.

• Like 2