🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 231 — Slow Dance Party

See, I have to respectfully disagree. I think Armen is doing a grotesque Woody Allen impersonation with -10000 the talent ( and hopefully -10000 the molestation). It's like someone locked young Armen in a room and made him watch every Woody Allen movie on loop for days, A Clockwork Orange-style. The result being Armen forever linking nebbish to funny.

Poor guy. When you think about it like that, it's really not his fault, huh? The monster is the one who showed them those Woody Allen movies.

Or maybe his dad was a lawyer for The Muuuurpheee Grrroup?

• Like 4

My biggest question here is why so many white knights are leaping to the defense of an uber-wealthy, marginally talented Hollywood personality that they will never meet and who will never read this forum.

NathanJPK? Any insight?

I think I can provide some insight. It's the very fact that Armen is uber-wealthy and marginally talented that prompts these people to cape for him. Even though he's not very funny and is a part of the 1%, to them, he's a just a poor, shy nerd.

He likes comic books!

He plays video games!

He's just like them!

In this scenario, we're the bullies because we don't find him funny and say so. They think they're protecting the quiet nerd from the big, dumb jocks, but in reality they're protected the rich kid whose dad just laid everyone off. The delusion they have runs deep.

idk about the other guys but i personally hope armen weizman will have sex w/ my body

Armen likes sex like he likes his sentences...anti-climatic and trailing off into an uncomfortable silence.

Sounds like we have this all figured out. Now can we move on to more important topics like how can I find a fucking Sunglass Hut near my house? I looked at their dumb website and the locator thingy says the closest one is like 94 miles away. That can't be right.

• Like 1

He's paying me in Armen Bucks. They are only redeemable at Sunglass Huts. It's...not a very good deal.

Doesn't sound like it. Maybe you can trade them in for one of those Armen clones you spoke about earlier? I mean, it won't amount to much, but with a little work you could probably turn it into a cool lamp.

Just so you all know, your hero, Armen, has joined the conversation.

Say hello, Armen!

11ifwnt.jpg

Adorable meltdown, Sooth.

I must have overlooked the "anti-opinion clause" in the user agreement when I signed up. If you'll notice, I even gave Armen props for his mild improvement as a cohost last year before his regression for this appearance. I ain't even hating that hard.

• Like 1

Or maybe his dad was a lawyer for The Muuuurpheee Grrroup?

Touche.

tumblr_mqf8sxypns1r0it61o1_400.gif

• Like 1

Adorable meltdown, Sooth.

True.

I guess I just let all the negativity get to me. Peace to everyone. May we never speak again.

• Like 1

I think I can provide some insight. It's the very fact that Armen is uber-wealthy and marginally talented that prompts these people to cape for him. Even though he's not very funny and is a part of the 1%, to them, he's a just a poor, shy nerd.

He likes comic books!

He plays video games!

He's just like them!

In this scenario, we're the bullies because we don't find him funny and say so. They think they're protecting the quiet nerd from the big, dumb jocks, but in reality they're protected the rich kid whose dad just laid everyone off. The delusion they have runs deep.

I don't get how a comedian you don't like on a free podcast can get someone so worked up. Why not just stick to "I'm not a fan of Armen's comedy" and leave it at that?

• Like 5

This thread is just like the movie Synecdoche, New York - too many characters.

June made me laugh. Kulap made me laugh. Armen made me laugh. I appreciate that and thank them for the laughs.

• Like 13

Did nobody listen to the Improv 4 Humons with Armen??? I thought his dynamic with Besser was amazing from the start so perhaps I'm biased, but I feel like that performance should have redeemed him in the haters eyes at least a little bit. It shows he's got chops and that Besser actually approves. I thought Pete Holmes hate was bad on CBB, but this is like another level entirely. Somebody in this thread actually purported that Armen doesn't deserve his success or the roles he's gotten. WHAT? Who the fuck are you to decide that? Listen brohans, Armen is Kulaps good friend. Howard also openly supports the Armen sub-hosting. It's sickening to see all the hate, especially when it mentions Armens wealth and family background. Who gives a shit? Maybe he became the person he is today in spite of all that wealth, not because of it.

Has nobody seen his performance in BEEF, Joe Lo Truglios longform improv series? He plays a haunted house proprietor who is being sued because his haunted house was not scary enough, and he's hilarious.

Plus he was even on Burning Love WITH June, who vouched for his performance!!!

I'm a loud and proud Armen fan, and if you ain't you're trippin.

On to the charts!

I'm a huge japanese rock fan so it was awesome to hear this one. Exile Tribe and Bump of Chicken both making appearances, and I was not at all surprised when they were not sure if that was their real name or a bad translation. It's a trueeeeeeeee shame though, that we didn't get to hear Howards opinions on them. I have a feeling he would have blanket hated all of them.

• Like 10

Has anyone considered the idea that Shariq is actually Armen himself, just hardcore fishing for complements?

• Like 6

Has anyone considered the idea that Shariq is actually Armen himself, just hardcore fishing for complements?

I'm not Armen. The commenter formerly known as Sooth is though.

WHAT IF WE'RE ALL ARMEN

iw2ti2h.gif

• Like 11

I don't get how a comedian you don't like on a free podcast can get someone so worked up. Why not just stick to "I'm not a fan of Armen's comedy" and leave it at that?

It's a free podcast; its's an open forum. The only people who are worked up are the people who are rushing to defend Armen's lack of talent.

And what you're suggesting runs afoul of the Supreme Laws Of Earwolf Forums. We are actually not allowed to say anything that can be construed as being "negative" or else we're "assholes" full of "hate".

I heard a few Armen episodes back before I was a regular listener of this show. For a year or so I cherry-picked a few backlog eps and popped in when the guest looked interesting. HOWEVER, within the past two months I've become a die-hard regular twice-a-week listener because of the great vibes I've been getting from the hosts. I remember liking Armen just fine during his stint as host. If you're not a fan, though, please go listen or relisten to the whiplash ep of I4H - he killed it. That ep was so funny and such a perfect sequel of the Besser ep of hooch.

• Like 3

Hey there Shariq.

Hows everything going?

cutest_kittens_in_the_world_550x350.jpg

Do you like this photo? I sure do!

I like how you always speak your mind! That's pretty cool! Do you like being nice?

• Like 2

I'm glad Armen is doing okay. I know he and Harris were close

• Like 9