🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 109.5 — MINISODE 109.5

If it's from amazon they will take it back no questions asked. They are very good on returns. sometimes they just credit you and tell you not to waste your time returning it. ;)

Like the lifetime books collection. that's a movie your going to treasure for years to come.

and it makes a great gift.

I think all of this happened for a reason. I'm keeping it. It is a gift to myself, to my future grandchildren.

• Like 2

Someone alert the time police!

LlDLly6.jpg

Possible correction: this MIGHT be from the nearly-unwatchable "Universal Soldier: The Return". Every other JCVD "Universal Soldier" is a classic, but "The Return" is a hate crime.

^ It is The Return. I never managed to get through it, but if it's worse than Day of Reckoning then it sounds impressive. I imagine it has induced fewer epileptic fits, at least.

Should I or shouldn't I, is the question rolling around in my brain. not sure if I could do a Junior meets the island of dr. mantzoukas, how did this get made theme poster. and paul looks so cute in that little outfit of his. NOPE, not even going to try it.

firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, you have given us so many wonderful gifts today. #51 I had almost forgot about that classic southpark episode. then you gave us, the island of dr. mantzoukas. It's like Christmas all over again but I've got nothing to give in return.

PlanBFromOuterSpace, I was starting to think we had upset you, pulling out all the big guns here.

Possible correction: this MIGHT be from the nearly-unwatchable "Universal Soldier: The Return". Every other JCVD "Universal Soldier" is a classic, but "The Return" is a hate crime.

I think you might be right. I think his badge says Unisol or something like that. My mistake, I should be roundhoused to the face for making that gaffe.

• Like 1

I think you might be right. I think his badge says Unisol or something like that. My mistake, I should be roundhoused to the face for making that gaffe.

That's fine, easy mistake. I also remember everyone wearing those sunglasses, like that's what passed as a uniform, not those cool headset camera rigs from the first one. The soundtrack is awesome though and can certainly be added to the pantheon of great soundtracks to bad 90s movies.

^ It is The Return. I never managed to get through it, but if it's worse than Day of Reckoning then it sounds impressive. I imagine it has induced fewer epileptic fits, at least.

The Return is terrible, as I saw it once in the theater (yeah, I'm the one) and a couple of times on cable before seeing it for the first time in a decade on Netflix. I remember at the time being DISAPPOINTED that Bill Goldberg wasn't the big villain in it, that Michael Jai White (fresh off of Spawn) was the big bad, but now I'm pretty high on White's work as a guy that's good in mostly not-so-good films.

• Like 1

if we have a gun off competition we know who will win.

and if we have a bible competition, well., Finally, That rapture movie we've all wanted to see, Van Damme knows how to use the bible for good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbn40jPUA9E

He just wanted to read them little chapter from the book of Mormon.

Ok this is the most costly episode I've ever had... but so worth it! I ended up watching the documentary as well SOOOO coool.

The original director lived in the woods and became an extra in the film!

Its nuts!

Thrillhouse- Paul as the little guy works better, but I'll give you an A for effort.

I'm watching this movie right now and marlon brando's costumes are outstandingly amazing. I'll bet you they're his own costumes from his own home and the island.

At one point he's wearing a flower bowl on his head 56 min mark

I didn't know there was a documentary until this minisode. I just finished watching it. My mind is blown. It was like one crazy guy wanted to make a movie and he ended up with the craziest cast of dumdums (tm Jason) then got fired and was replaced with some rando who hated everything about it.

And there's also a part about some woman's pubic hair growing up all over her body? WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I remember seeing this movie in theaters (don't judge, Val Kilmer was hot back then) and being so confused. So now I think there needs to be an ep about Island of Dr. Moreau and one about Lost Soul (the documentary). There's a lot to cover.

I mean, the director claims he used witchcraft to get Marlon Brando to take the part. That is an actual thing he bellieves.

• Like 1