๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—

A great bad movie. I've seen it and know it is terrible but can't stop myself watching it when it shows up on cable. It is a 2002 horror movie about a salvage crew that takes on a salvage job and finds the ship of their dreams...... or more accurately... nightmares.

ย 

Let me just say. Hallucinations/visions of brutality accompanied by techno music and a creepy pale faced little girl.

ย 

Ghost_Ship_poster.JPG

• Like 4

Hey, that pale-faced little girl grew up to be a pale-faced adult named Emily Browning, a.k.a Babydoll.

• Like 1

I feel like there were a bunch of these movies to come out at the same time. (or, I just watched them at the same time.)

I know this isn't the one with the computers taking over the ship, is this the one that's upside down, or the one where the tentacle monster sucks a lady into a toilet, or a different one? (I'm also guessing it's not somehow also speed 2.)

I feel like there were a bunch of these movies to come out at the same time. (or, I just watched them at the same time.)

I know this isn't the one with the computers taking over the ship, is this the one that's upside down, or the one where the tentacle monster sucks a lady into a toilet, or a different one? (I'm also guessing it's not somehow also speed 2.)

ย 

This isn't any of those. This is the one where they're all dancing and the wire winds too tight and snaps and slices everyone in half.

ย 

This isn't any of those. This is the one where they're all dancing and the wire winds too tight and snaps and slices everyone in half.

ย 

ย 

That's the best way to differentiate this movie. That opening sequence is insane.

It's so weird how it seems to hit everyone at a different height. I mean, it still looks great though, and it's the ONLY thing I remember at all from the movie.

It's so weird how it seems to hit everyone at a different height. I mean, it still looks great though, and it's the ONLY thing I remember at all from the movie.

ย 

The one that made me laugh out loud was the captain. How did it slice most of the people at the waist and somehow slice the captain across the face. What!?!? haha

I'm so down for this movie. I'm actually down for any horror movies from the late 90s/early 2000s.

• Like 2

ย 

The one that made me laugh out loud was the captain. How did it slice most of the people at the waist and somehow slice the captain across the face. What!?!? haha

ย 

I think that he got sliced across the face because he was hunching down to dance with "Sucker Punch" girl...

ย 

ย 

I want them to do this move SO BAD!!!

ย 

I think that he got sliced across the face because he was hunching down to dance with "Sucker Punch" girl...

ย 

ย 

I want them to do this move SO BAD!!!

ย 

That's what I thought, but if you re-watch that sequence he's not hunched over at all when the wire hits, and then just a little bit hunched over after everyone is on the ground.

I like how it apparently just moved like a laser through the room even though it was like this thick cable. There was enough force to cut everyone in half, but not a single person was just knocked over or flattened against the wall or anything.

• Like 3

The science in this movie about ghosts is garbage! GARBAGE I SAY

• Like 2

This would be a great choice. The begining is amazing! Didn't South Park make reference to that scene? (with the slicey cable)

Just watched this on Netflix and I don't understand how it hasn't been done already--this movie is insane! The tone is so confusing, I don't understand the ending at all--please do this movie!!!

On 5/20/2015 at 9:54 PM, Joven said:

The computer one is Virus with Jamie Lee Curtis and one of the Baldwins, the upside down one is I'm guessing Poseidon, and the tentacle is Deep Rising. All three great bad movies and each worthy of their own episode.

On 5/26/2015 at 7:43 PM, PlanBFromOuterSpace said:

That and the scene where Isaiah Washington falls to his death when he tries to buttfuck a female ghost, he literally watches her appear out of thin air and then falls through her as she bends over the open door of an elevator shaft. How else did he think that was going to play out?

Seriously, this film is off the charts bonkers when it comes to the broken internal logic, insane plot twists, and so on. Just watch it and tell me it's not perfect for this podcast.ย