🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Seriously, you've got Arnold as a government "eraser" and a shit ton of Lethal Weapon style guitar licks throughout the entire movie. What's not to love? Did I mention rail guns and crocodile attacks?

Anyone notice how much this movie rips off 'Mission impossible'?

Government secret agent betrayed by his employers

Exploding water tank set piece

Breaking into a futuristic vault to get a disk of valuable info

Characters faking their own deaths

Anyone notice how much this movie rips off 'Mission impossible'?

Government secret agent betrayed by his employers

Exploding water tank set piece

Breaking into a futuristic vault to get a disk of valuable info

Characters faking their own deaths

Both were released around the same time ("Eraser" came out one month later), so it's really just a coincidence.

Both were released around the same time ("Eraser" came out one month later), so it's really just a coincidence.

Also, the plot of EVERY Mission Impossible involves someone in the agency turning on the agency, I think, which really makes you wonder how GOOD this agency really is at their job in the first place. It'd be funny to find out that they're the sixth-string agency, that they're the lowest bidders or something.

• Like 1

Also, the plot of EVERY Mission Impossible involves someone in the agency turning on the agency, I think, which really makes you wonder how GOOD this agency really is at their job in the first place. It'd be funny to find out that they're the sixth-string agency, that they're the lowest bidders or something.

There was a cracked article years ago talking about how stupid Ethan Hunt was by believing his IMF bosses as in each movie they basically turn on him, screw him over in some fashion, or give him faulty information. I too would love to find out that IMF is basically ISIS from Archer, which seems plausible after Ghost Protocol.

• Like 2

There was a cracked article years ago talking about how stupid Ethan Hunt was by believing his IMF bosses as in each movie they basically turn on him, screw him over in some fashion, or give him faulty information. I too would love to find out that IMF is basically ISIS from Archer, which seems plausible after Ghost Protocol.

He also has a new boss in every film it seems, and even though none of THEM end up being crooked (except Phelps, but the other guy may have been above him), that kind of turnover can't be good, allowing for things to fall through the cracks or be overlooked entirely. It is a shitty, shitty team.

I was thinking about this movie the other day and realized that 6th Day is so fucking crazy it overshadows this film to a degree that almost makes you forget it exists.

But goddamn this movie was absolute nonsense. At least they gave him a austrian sounding name in this one, or at least partially. I think my favorite part isnt even the nonsense rail gun they invented that resembles the Farsight from Perfect Dark. Its the other nonsense gun that shoots grenades filled with drill bits.

Arnold Schwarzenegger. 

James Caan. 

A cutting edge/high tech weapon that see through walls and skin that can kill you in one shot and make you fly across a room. It’s one flaw????

IT CANT SEE THROUGH REFRIGERATORS!

Am I crazy or is it a little bit weird that there wasnt any kind of romance between Vanessa Williams and Arnolds Schwarzeneggers characters?

If I remember she was the one pursuing him romantically but he was trying to remain professional. Also in true HDTGM fashion this movie follows action film by-laws that uses the same actors in the same roles, in this case Danny Nucci who is the new deputy that is killed to frame Arnold, he was also the young member of the Navy Seal team that is massacred by Ed Harris' Marines.

Sign in to follow this