🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
agata

Episode 208 — Renewable Energy

David discusses how he almost got hit by a car, Kyle describes an uncomfortable plane trip, and Tig delves into her travel anxieties. Then, a blastronaut from Lockheed Martin, Rhys Forgie, is in the hatch to discuss global warming, his job working with landfills, and the future of renewable energy. Finally, a potato-themed Mother Meditation!

• Like 2

Solid farts

p.s. I truly enjoyed the douchebag ep. The way the crew was able to play off his douchebaggary was hilarious!

"Sasha, my ex - "

"Was on your face? Sorry, that's dirty."

• Like 3

The truth comes out! Kyle booked him!

Can't believe how nice they were being trying to tiptoe around how much they didn't like the guest either. Don't worry guys, you can be mean sometimes.

• Like 1

That little pickup artist addendum to the show was one of the weirdest things I've heard on the podcast. I'm just not used to the Blastoff crew reacting that directly to listener response, which means said listener response must indeed have been pretty substantive.

David telling off the listeners was a bit mean, I felt - ofcourse I agree that people shouldn't harrass the pickup artist guy online, but it has been actually kind of heartwarming to see all my fellow Blastronauts come together to say in unison "hey, that guy was quite a creep".

• Like 1

I suppose it was sort of interesting to try to understand the mindset of a creepy toolbag like that pick up artist guy. But he came off so bad when he was trying to explain comedy to 3 professional comics.

Man, I couldn't figure out why I vaguely recognized the guest's name, but it's because he's one of the Forgie Quintuplets! I guess his current work is a mite more important than being born at the same time as four siblings, so it didn't come up/he didn't want to mention it.

(I'm from Ottawa and the quints were a Big Deal back in the day)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this