🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 233.5 — 5/22/15 TWO CHARTED 172

Howard, Kulap, and Stard start off this week's show with commentary on why footed pajama's and flirtatious outtakes are a most for every music video. Then, Howard reveals how he imagines all hip hop songs play out in the house of Kulap and Scottie Too Hottie. Additionally, Howard apologizes to everyone who's wedding he's attended, only to later forget that he was there. Lastly, the gang discusses the potential of performing in the nude.

The Comedians with Billy Crystal and Josh Gad (it's mentioned in this episode), is actually pretty good. The show has difficulty identifying itself to the audience. Is the sitcom about Billy being and old curmudgeon, and Josh the counterpoint young guy? Because each episode starts out that way, but then Billy and Josh find harmony, and THAT seems to be where the funny is located. When they team up together.

Josh usually says something that you wouldn't expect to come out of the mouth of Olaf. The show might be skewed towards my age group (I'm old), so that might be why I find funny when they are being silly. Not sure what percentage is written, and how much is improv'd and kept in the episode. I think it might be close to 80/20. To be honest, you do have to watch a few episodes to get a feel for how the show works. They match these two together to make a TV show, so the setting is them, being shot documentary-style as they create another show.

It's good, I would definitely rank it higher than a lot of sitcoms that are popular today (the fact that Brooklyn 99 won an Emmy, this should do the same as a slam-dunk) . And now I'll shut up about The Comedians.

Charts!

• Like 2

When Kulap was talking about that procedure and she mentioned a balloon being involved, a balloon dog immediately popped into my head.

Dog7.jpg

Sign in to follow this