🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 352 — Scrunchy Face

Celebrate Mem Day with Nick Swardson as tells us all about what it’s like touring in the bus that Alice Cooper, the groundbreaking topics he covers in his new stand-up special “Taste It,” and life on the West side of LA. Then, Bernie Sanders, junior U.S. Senator from Vermont, stops by to talk about economic justice and the changes that will occur in America if he were elected to be President. Later, personal productivity expert Jacob Cloudy arrives to offer everyone tips on how to maximize their day to day activities. Plus, Bernie shows off his filibuster skills as Would You Rather returns!

Never been first before. The experience is rather underwhelming.

• Like 3

Nick sure got cold when Will Hines was riffing on the guy's twitter name being Native American. It seemed strange until I realized he was a cast member in this movie (he later plugged the movie, really undercutting my super-sleuth skills).

Adomian's Bernie Sanders, kind of like his Slavoj Zizek, was an impressive impression, but probably not the most fertile grounds for comedy. I chuckled a few times. Maybe he's gunning for a spot as an SNL cast member if Sanders ever gets mainstream.

Overall, I'm gonna have to give this episode a C+.

• Like 2

July, did you write this episode description? How many Memorial Day Margaritas did you have before doing so?

• Like 2

When Bernie Sanders mentioned his wife I got very confused...then I realized I've been confusing Bernie Sanders and Barney Frank. :mellow:

• Like 1

James' Bernie Sanders impersonation didn't really work for me here, although it was better than his recent Harmontown appearance. I appreciate that James tries new impressions, but this one might be better in a short sketch.

• Like 2

July, did you write this episode description? How many Memorial Day Margaritas did you have before doing so?

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!

• Like 6

not even a full page of comments? uh oh.

I think everyone's been too busy remembering our fallen soldiers. Oh wait, nevermind, I meant partying and drinking.

• Like 2

Holy shit, the reference to Alan Moore's Promethea killed me. I <3 James Adomian.

GAH! You beat me to it! I loved Adomian's Promethea pull!

5-1.jpg

• Like 2

Not loving this Bernie Sanders impression. Bummer.

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you during this difficult time.

• Like 7

Nick sure got cold when Will Hines was riffing on the guy's twitter name being Native American. It seemed strange until I realized he was a cast member in this movie (he later plugged the movie, really undercutting my super-sleuth skills).

And now the conspiracy theorist in me wonders if the Native American reference was made on purpose to see how Nick would react.

Speaking of Nick, having not seen any of the recent Sandler movies, I forgot how funny Nick is and can be. Really enjoyed hearing from him on the show and I'm looking forward to giving his special a watch since the first two were really fun.

Will's character was hilarious, I'd love to see him return again in the future and of course anytime James Adomian is on CBB my heart swells with glee. Really enjoy seeing him create and develop new characters. I love seeing funny people experiment with new characters and try new things.

• Like 2

Holy shit, the reference to Alan Moore's Promethea killed me. I <3 James Adomian.

I loved that too. Though Nick Swardson's stupid Wizards of Waverly place joke kinda bummed me out. I hate when clearly one of the comedians has no idea what they're talking about so they just toss off some sort of related thing to derail the bit.

Scott is at the point in his podcasting career where he talks entirely in old bits, callbacks, abbreviations, and "over-the-top podcast host" gags. There is nothing more delightful.

He's Letterman '94! :D

• Like 1

Did that laughter from Scott while talking to Swardson sound really genuine to anyone else?

I love James Adomian with all my heart and also with my pee pee.

Edit: Adomian's headshot really weirds me out!

Let me know if there's anything I can do for you during this difficult time.

If you could hold me close and whisper sweet nothings in my ear, that'd be great.