🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 352 — Scrunchy Face

Sorry, but this is silly. No politician is above being the subject of satire.

Bernie Sanders isn't some paragon of virtue - no politician is. At the end of the day, Bernie Sanders is seeking to become the most powerful person on earth. He should be able handle some jokes at his expense - and so should his supporters.

Nowhere did I say politicians should be off limits. And I wasn't defending Al Gore. He was simply the first example that came to mind. I think George Bush got a bit of this effect, too. My point was that impressions can diminish a person without expressly attacking their ideology. Which the person I replied to said was not the case.

Nowhere did I say politicians should be off limits. And I wasn't defending Al Gore. He was simply the first example that came to mind. I think George Bush got a bit of this effect, too. My point was that impressions can diminish a person without expressly attacking their ideology. Which the person I replied to said was not the case.

Sorry I'm not trying to beat you up. But I have to say you're assertion that comedic portrayals of GWB led to him being taken as less as a threat to liberties and world peace is just not true. Everyone over thirty was scared shitless when he was elected because they were around in the 80's and he was so strongly associated with his father and Ronald Reagan. You may recall they were fascist war-mongers who sold out the middle class, fostered budding terrorists in the middle east, and laid the groundwork for gutting environmental law, regulations on corporate power and free trade. Laughing at Will Ferrel and John Stewart tearing him down was the only thing preventing people from losing their fucking minds.

• Like 1

Fun fact: Until I googled it yesterday, I was not aware that Tom Leykis was a real person. Also, until I googled it today, I was not aware that Huell Howser was a real person. To be fair, I think these were regional celebrities. I had just assumed they were fictional characters.

• Like 1

Fun fact: Until I googled it yesterday, I was not aware that Tom Leykis was a real person. Also, until I googled it today, I was not aware that Huell Howser was a real person. To be fair, I think these were regional celebrities. I had just assumed they were fictional characters.

Every one he does is a real person. Except, Sheriff of Nottingham and Maximilian Blanc but those are just Alan Rickman and Vincent Price really.

That's funny, those two in particular I thought the exact same thing. Adomian is incredible.

What do you like to plug Tom?

"Butts, pussies, WHATEVER I CAN GET MY HANDS ON BABY!" lolll

• Like 2

I like the Bernie Sanders character. The top 5% of his gags got 90% of the laughs from me.

The way I see it, 99% of comedy is relative, the other 1% is jokes about statistics and percentages which are always 100% funny.