🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 209 — Best Of 2014

David is alone this week to talk about his airport mixup, talk to Kyle and Tig on the phone, and look back on fan favorite bits of the year in the 2014 installment of The Best of Professor Blastoff.

Totally forgot about the double milkshake bit. So funny.

• Like 1

glad to have this episode, but I LOLed hard at the timing of this

• Like 2

Considering that David is still reading e-mails from July 2013, it feels downright timely.

• Like 7

Considering that David is still reading e-mails from July 2013, it feels downright timely.

Pretty much. I'm honestly surprised it came this quickly.

I hope you said hello to her face and weren't weird.

I did say "hello," but there was a bunch of people lined up for merch, so the moment was quick.

It felt weird on my part, I had a little agoraphobia related anxiety on my part. So I think what I blurted out to Tig was, "Thankyouforgettingmethroughthislastyear,todayismyoneyearanniversarysincecancersurgery,andeachweekyou'relikemysherpagetting methroughit."

(thank you for getting me through this last year, today is my one anniversary since cancer surgery. And each week you're like my sherpa getting me through it.)

Tig was very gracious, said she is now three years past her cancer, and made mention that I looked well.

Enough about that moment, she kicked ass! It was a small room, and she really owned it. I'm not going to spoil any of it. I suggest to anybody with the opportunity, go see her live.

• Like 5

I did say "hello," but there was a bunch of people lined up for merch, so the moment was quick.

It felt weird on my part, I had a little agoraphobia related anxiety on my part. So I think what I blurted out to Tig was, "Thankyouforgettingmethroughthislastyear,todayismyoneyearanniversarysincecancersurgery,andeachweekyou'relikemysherpagetting methroughit."

(thank you for getting me through this last year, today is my one anniversary since cancer surgery. And each week you're like my sherpa getting me through it.)

Tig was very gracious, said she is now three years past her cancer, and made mention that I looked well.

Enough about that moment, she kicked ass! It was a small room, and she really owned it. I'm not going to spoil any of it. I suggest to anybody with the opportunity, go see her live.

That's really cool, and really happy to hear it sounds like you're doing well since the surgery. I only mentioned the "weird" thing because in one of the intros (I think last week's) she added on the "and don't be weird" part at the end of her intro plug.

Did she mention if this is stuff that will be in the HBO special?

• Like 1

Yup doing well, and yes the weird clause rang thru my head as I walked away from her.

Doing well since surgery, thank you. Evidently I had one of those lucky cancers. It was big, it was attached to my kidney, and it wasn't reaching out. So they took the tumor and part of the kidney. I would only need chemo or radiation if there was regrowth. So far, no new cancer. (yay)

She did mention that this tour was a run-up to the special, it was a great night!

• Like 1

Yup doing well, and yes the weird clause rang thru my head as I walked away from her.

Doing well since surgery, thank you. Evidently I had one of those lucky cancers. It was big, it was attached to my kidney, and it wasn't reaching out. So they took the tumor and part of the kidney. I would only need chemo or radiation if there was regrowth. So far, no new cancer. (yay)

She did mention that this tour was a run-up to the special, it was a great night!

Excellent accounts on all fronts. Wish I could see her, but I unfortunately live nowhere close to where she's touring (live in SE Asia). I'm pretty bummed because I flew into the US this past November for a wedding, and I could have seen her when she was in NY, but I had already booked my flight from NYC to NC for that afternoon. It helped to remind me to check all cultural events before booking tickets. And it was the now powerfully infamous topless Tig show! GAH!

• Like 1

Does anyone happen to know if there's a list of where the best-of clips came from by chance?

Submitted three of them. Here you go!

Episode 179 1:13:10 Body Rap

Episode 150 0:02:44-0:11:34 Double Milker

Episode 149 1:01:19 Sitcom with Josh Radnor

• Like 1

Submitted three of them. Here you go!

Episode 179 1:13:10 Body Rap

Episode 150 0:02:44-0:11:34 Double Milker

Episode 149 1:01:19 Sitcom with Josh Radnor

Cool! Thanks for the information.