🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 353 — Goodbye Reggie!

We’re here to celebrate a man by the name of Reggie Watts as he bids farewell to the Comedy Bang! Bang! TV show. Joining Scott to say goodbye to Reggie is CBB TV’s Executive Producer and Head Writer Neil Campbell who helps mediate Scott & Reggie’s public conversation on why Reggie is leaving the show and what awaits him in the world of late night television. Also, dropping by is BB-8, the ball droid from the new Star Wars film to wish Reggie farewell, tell us all about the new Star Wars film, and to throw his hat in the ring to replace Reggie on the show. Plus, Reggie & Neil finally go head to head in the much anticipated and epic Freestyle Rap Battle rematch in CBB history! Tune into the special Goodbye Reggie Watts episode of CBB TV this Thursday (June 4th) at 10:30/9:30 Central on IFC.

The description on itunes has bad grammar

Since it's hump-month I'm gonna post my 6 fav episodes so far this year because why not:

6. 351

5. 331

4. 336, rip in peace Harris

3. 327

2. 338

1. 349

• Like 2

can't wait to watch ifc at the specified time of 11 eastern on friday, and no other day of the week

• Like 3

Scott's already sounding more at peace with the situation than on the 12 guests of Christmas Doug Loves Movies episode. Still hoping for some barely-passive aggression!

• Like 4

Hah! started listening on my phone this morning and when I got to work and came to the page, I forgot Mike Mitchell was going to be on the episode. So I see the ep photo and I thought that Mike sat in for the photo as a stand-in Reggie and I almost spat coffee to the ceiling

oh well, Mike Keaton aint cheatin'

• Like 6

I didn't create this, but I felt it was very relevant to this episode of CBB.

• Like 3

They recorded the intro on 103. I know he said 102 but I figured I'd share in case someone wanted to listen to it. I will occasionally listen to the exact moment when he creates the intro because it's just so awesome.

I suggest listening to the whole clip but here's the titular moment:

• Like 3

I guess advanced Balldroid models go lower in number (B-oid 1 is the ultimate?)

well, R2D2 is a R series astromech droid, (one of 9 different types of R unit) and the R series seems to be the standard, even slightly out of date, at the time of the original trilogy. If the droid manufacturers continue with that naming convention then they would have to eventually start using double letters after Z units. So BB-8 is actually 9 generations more advance than R2D2 let's say they introduce a new tyoe of droid every 3 years or so then BB-8 makes perfect sense.

• Like 9

This show was recorded in April, well before IFC moved the Comedy Bang Bang TV show to Thursday nights at 10:30 PM. Therefore, every time Scott mentions "Friday's episode":

• Pause the podcast.
  • Tip your sunglasses forward and do a take to the camera.
  • In your most sarcastic voice, ask "Don't you mean Thursday's episode?"
  • Hold for audience applause.
  • Resume the podcast.

• Like 2

Since it's hump-month I'm gonna post my 6 fav episodes so far this year because why not:

6. 351

5. 331

4. 336, rip in peace Harris

3. 327

2. 338

1. 349

For me, the Silicon Valley episode needs to be somewhere in the top 5. Words cannot adequately express how impressed I was by Middleditch's improvisatory tour-de-force.

Other honorable mentions are the Andy Daly/Richter episode, the episode with Paul Britian as the Explosione family (one of my favorite underrated episodes of the year), the Hanford as Lennon episode with American Football (my new favorite musical guest performance on CBB), and both SXSW episodes (Tom Leykis!!).

Wow, we really have been spoiled so far this year.

• Like 2

For me, the Silicon Valley episode needs to be somewhere in the top 5. Words cannot adequately express how impressed I was by Middleditch's improvisatory tour-de-force.

Other honorable mentions are the Andy Daly/Richter episode, the episode with Paul Britian as the Explosione family (one of my favorite underrated episodes of the year), the Hanford as Lennon episode with American Football (my new favorite musical guest performance on CBB), and both SXSW episodes (Tom Leykis!!).

Wow, we really have been spoiled so far this year.

Yeah the Silicon Valley, Explosione and first SXSW episode are up there too, others are a bit too inconsistent I feel. Also the Gilly/Garry wedding deserves a mention

Mr Turd: all I meant was that the more advanced Balldroid should be able to kill with fewer bumping events. I don't know nothing about the life cycle management you are on about

• Like 1

Mr Turd: all I meant was that the more advanced Balldroid should be able to kill with fewer bumping events. I don't know nothing about the life cycle management you are on about

hahaha I know, I realized that about half way through my nerd out but I was already in to deep.

• Like 4

Thanks for choosing my catchphrase. Pretty bummed you said my name wrong...

I always make sure to say "Comedy Bing Bong" properly when I recommend it to my friends, bro!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this