🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 235 — Vision Impaired, Still Prepared

Hot off the Summah Summit, Howard announces that he is officially seeing out of both eyes once again. Then, Kulap welcomes to the show comedian Jamie Lee, who incites an intense battle, as judged by Howard, of who has attended the nicest wedding. Then, the gang sheds light on how Australians got there accents, the secret behind writing the Pitch Perfect franchise, and how a Carousel may or may not work. Lastly, Howard and Stard premier a track form their latest album!!!

• Like 1

Isn't "Earwolf" a play on the classic Jan Michael Vincent TV program "Airwolf"? I always assumed it was, but the discussion in this episode now makes me wonder if that's the case.

Seems so fitting that tear-away pants would be worn, then torn away during a performance of "Government Pants." ..."I don't want to weeear[rip] my government paaants!"

Great work there Stard, I was sitting in my car thinking "Next - Too Close, Next - Too Close, Next - Too Close" until they settled on it being a Brian McKnight song I've never heard. I'm relieved to hear that there isn't too many famous dance songs about getting a boner on the dance floor

• Like 1

Stard, I suspect you're thinking of the Looff Carousel at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. Its pretty much exactly as you described. Not really sure what Howard was talking about though.

• Like 1

only part of the way thru, but I think Howard is talking about grabbing a brass ring on a carousel, and not a key.

• Like 3

Did anyone here go to the Summah Summit? What were the highlights? Any photos or vids to share? Sounds like it was crazy fun.

Summah Says is my new favorite dance jam.

• Like 1

Did anyone here go to the Summah Summit? What were the highlights? Any photos or vids to share? Sounds like it was crazy fun.

Summah Says is my new favorite dance jam.

Just saw some on instagram, just go there and search for #summahsummit. It'll probably work on twitter too for a few

Great ep so far, but I have to pause to say one thing:

Mad Max is about nothing and is vapid?! What?! I've seen few action movies that are more meaningful than Fury Road

• Like 4

Stard, I suspect you're thinking of the Looff Carousel at the Boardwalk in Santa Cruz. Its pretty much exactly as you described. Not really sure what Howard was talking about though.

that's exactly it. i grew up going to the boardwalk.

• Like 1

Mad Max is about nothing and is vapid?! What?! I've seen few action movies that are more meaningful than Fury Road

I was thinking the same thing. Yes it was a giant action scene, but the world George Miller created is so incredibly rich, and Fury Road only scratched the surface.

This was a very energetic episode, or maybe it just felt that way because Howard was so discombobulated last time.

Netflix-related questions should just be grandfathered in to the guest's chart every week as just a bonus/ #6.

Seconding (or thirding, or whatever) the Airwolf and brass ring guesses.

Fun episode, Jamie fits in with the Ku-Wie vibe very well.

The debut of a new Summah song is pretty massive, and this one didn't disappoint.

Summah Says was fun, I'm starting to think Howard could be massively successful if he started making more of these songs with Stard but without any adult language or themes. I think kids would really like the nonsense that comes out of Howard's brain

• Like 1

Yeah, I remember one of the Chartists saying that they loved listening to their first album (minus a few songs) with their kid. That album was actually pretty mild in terms of language, so he's definitely capable of it.

that's exactly it. i grew up going to the boardwalk.

This is a bit of a tangent, but David Lowery went to UCSC, and started with Camper Van Beethoven while up there. He used to blog about his songs with CVB/Cracker and talked about Santa Cruz a lot, and even the boardwalk. This one is pretty fascinating to me:

http://300songs.com/2011/08/01/77-exile-in-beach-flats-lulu-land-wasted-and-surf-city-1985/

Stard, I have to know what song was played during the questions part of this episode. I can't make out enough of the lyrics to find it, but I dig the rhythm.

Agreed. I'm definitely with her fiance's friend.

Holy crap; that was a hell of a premiere of the new Howard and Stard track. Loved it, loved it, loved it.

Stard, I have to know what song was played during the questions part of this episode. I can't make out enough of the lyrics to find it, but I dig the rhythm.

I managed to find this, if anyone else is curious. The song was "Search Party" by Sam Bruno.

Sign in to follow this