paul f tompkins

391 replies to this topic

#381 DJRayray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:52 AM

Dear Paul

Did growing your beard for B$P have a conscious/subconscious effect on your characters - e.g. did you find yourself becoming 'burly' more frequently?

#382 Drew Morgan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 09:11 PM

Your one on one Spontaneanation show with Craig Cackowski was incredibly quick with the improv; it seemed you were attuned to each other and it helped it flow great.
Is having just one person to do improve with more difficult or just different than working with three or four other people?

Also-you and I are the same age and I'm always tickled when you throw out a reference to the era we grew up in.

#383 Paul F. Tompkins

Gentleman

• Host
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 11:19 AM

View PostDrew Morgan, on 18 February 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Your one on one Spontaneanation show with Craig Cackowski was incredibly quick with the improv; it seemed you were attuned to each other and it helped it flow great.
Is having just one person to do improve with more difficult or just different than working with three or four other people?

Well, I guess it's a bit more challenging to develop a story & keep it going with fewer people, but the pressure is a fun pressure. Ultimately, every combination has its own unique challenges AND benefits. With two of us, it's the adrenaline-fueled fun of keeping all the balls in the air with just one partner; with a large group, say, 5 or more people, the resultant chaos delights me.

#384 bunnywithatoolbelt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

Hi Paul. I spent my 50th birthday seeing you twice at SketchFest. I now regret not getting a Spontaneonation poster with the date on it. Do you have any of those left?

#385 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,364 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:49 AM

Hi Paul, did you ever recall what PUMA stood for?

#386 Scott X. Watkins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNC, USA

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:39 PM

Hi Paul, nice to see you again.

There's a song that Eben plays in the background on occasion, that I can't quite place. I think it's the theme to a sci-fi TV show, but I'm not sure. Do you know what song that is?

Thank you kindly.

#387 Dan Engler

Ombudsman

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:03 PM

Hi Paul, do you listen to all of the episodes before they come out for quality control purposes?

If so, do you have any particularly memorable moments that you missed during the record and only discovered upon relistening?
Disclaimer: I am not an Earwolf employee. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Midroll Media LLC.

#388 Paul F. Tompkins

Gentleman

• Host
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:16 PM

View PostScott X. Watkins, on 23 February 2017 - 03:39 PM, said:

Hi Paul, nice to see you again.

There's a song that Eben plays in the background on occasion, that I can't quite place. I think it's the theme to a sci-fi TV show, but I'm not sure. Do you know what song that is?

Thank you kindly.

I bet it's "Lost In Space"

#389 Paul F. Tompkins

Gentleman

• Host
  • 128 posts

Posted 27 February 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostDan Engler, on 27 February 2017 - 03:03 PM, said:

Hi Paul, do you listen to all of the episodes before they come out for quality control purposes?

If so, do you have any particularly memorable moments that you missed during the record and only discovered upon relistening?

I listen back to every episode, and because everything happens in such a rush in that hour, I am constantly surprised and delighted by the show. Some stuff I remember, but always always always there are things I forgot or didn't fully catch the first time. Episode 101 in particular-- I laughed out loud listening to that one more than any other episode so far,

#390 FaceWaterfalls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:31 PM

Hi Paul! (Or maybe not)
My fiancé is a loooooong time fan and I was wondering if, should you happen to feel like coming to Boston in September 2018 (hotel and airfare included oooh), you would consider being the officiant at our wedding. It's at a curling club, so clearly we have only the finest taste.
Sorry for the off topic question, please continue being amazing.

#391 Dan Engler

Ombudsman

• Administrators
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:51 PM

View PostFaceWaterfalls, on 21 April 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Hi Paul! (Or maybe not)
My fiancé is a loooooong time fan and I was wondering if, should you happen to feel like coming to Boston in September 2018 (hotel and airfare included oooh), you would consider being the officiant at our wedding. It's at a curling club, so clearly we have only the finest taste.
Sorry for the off topic question, please continue being amazing.

Mr. Tompkins hasn't visited the forums in a while but, when he was previously asked about officiating a wedding for fans, he replied:

View PostPaul F. Tompkins, on 26 October 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

I'm flattered that you would ask, but this is not the sort of thing that I do for strangers. I wish you and your bride-to-be all the best!

Disclaimer: I am not an Earwolf employee. Opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of Midroll Media LLC.

#392 FaceWaterfalls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Thanks, it was worth a shot!

View PostDan Engler, on 21 April 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

Mr. Tompkins hasn't visited the forums in a while but, when he was previously asked about officiating a wedding for fans, he replied: