🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
boxofgeese

"Earwolf" ending audio tag / title card too loud!

Hey Earwolf crew!

Small note to consider. The tag / title card at the end of every Earwolf show seems a louder than the show that preceeded it. Usually this isn't an issue - I can pause, turn it down, etc (you know, all that "normal" stuff).

However, I often listen to podcasts while working, and if that ending tag plays while my hands are occupied and I can't adjust the volume, it's rather painful. The audio quality from Earwolf is consistently professional and damn near perfect, and once I get the audio comfortably adjusted for a show, it's a painful surprise when that tag blasts me at the end. (I'm specifically referring to Nick Kroll's Chupacabra tag - that goat-eater shriek pierces the 'drums.)

Thanks for reading and thanks for the hours of amazing entertainment!

• Like 4

For sure it's louder, but for me it's always race to take off my headphones so I don't have to hear the animal noises at the end. I think it was maybe a little funny the first time I heard it, but now it's so overwhelmingly grating that I tear the earphones away like they're on fire.

Lot's of great shows wish there was a gentler (quieter) send off.

• Like 1

Same here - I HATE the audio tag, always have to rush to shut down my mp3 player.

Sign in to follow this