🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
allenpwilliams

Plugs Themes bandcamp page for ALL used plugs themes!

Hey gang. I'm starting a downloadable archive on bandcamp of ALL the plugs themes that have been used so far. I JUST started on this yesterday and I'm a very busy person (not bragging, I just have a family and a full-time job, okay maybe I am bragging). I just think this should exist. A one-stop (free) shop for all your plugs themes!

https://cbbplugsthemes.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

Am I missing something? From the outside, it appears you created a Bandcamp page masquerading as an official CBB profile, and then uploaded a number of Plugs themes from other listeners/musicians without any indication that you got their permission to do so.

I'm not trying to make it "seem" official. I just wanted it to look nice. Also, I don't really understand what the difference of having a song that is available for free online being available for free online somewhere else. I would certainly ask if it was someone trying to make money off their track. I honestly don't see what it is I'm doing wrong here. I'm not trying to be defensive either, as I can understand where you're coming from completely. A few reasons I don't think this is wrong and is actually helpful are... 1. It makes it easier for people to find the tracks that have been played on the show AND get them all in one download if they so choose. 2. I'm not making ANY money off this at all. 3. It's MORE promotion for the artists that did the songs (some of them are legit bands that have other stuff available, especially on bandcamp).

If this still seems like a bad idea, I will stop but I just don't see the harm in it. Please let me know what you think, that goes for anyone on here.

I also included the links on each track to the original track's page (usually soundcloud) AND to the original episode's track.

• Like 1

I'm not opposed to this, if there's linkage ;) Thanks for making me track #1 :D

I can't speak for others though, maybe starting a thread in the plugs section to ask if people mind would be a good idea.

Yeah, I just assumed that everyone would be on-board with the idea unless, obviously, they are trying to make money off the track. If you click "info" next to any of the tracks, they have links to both the CBB episode page AND wherever the original track was from (usually soundcloud). You know what? I will post it in the plugs forum as well and ask if anyone's against it. I was kind of hoping, after I got it pretty much updated to get a shout-out about it on the podcast. I would assume Scott would think that it's pretty neat as long I'm diligent about being accurate with credits/links and whatnot.

Also, I think I'll put links to other pages that the artist may have. For instance, Face Like Thunder, I see that you have a bandcamp page as well so I'll link to that also.

• Like 1

I also changed the header to read "AN UNOFFICIAL PAGE FOR ARCHIVING THE PLUGS THEMES" as to avoid any further confusion.

When you get to my plugs theme, of which Ben E Shawz said, and I quote, "I, in real life, like this" and compared favorably to Miguel, you are welcome to post it to the bandcamp page.

(Mostly just wanted to brag)

• Like 3

When you get to my plugs theme, of which Ben E Shawz said, and I quote, "I, in real life, like this" and compared favorably to Miguel, you are welcome to post it to the bandcamp page.

(Mostly just wanted to brag)

Which Shwazz ep? The most recent?

Face Like Thunders Tom Waits plug theme will never not be funny to me.

• Like 2

Done and done. The idea is to get all the songs I can on there. It's just a lot of work, ESPECIALLY when the songs aren't downloadable on soundcloud and then I have to ask the person to make it downloadable, etc. bla bla bla.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this