🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
goatomatic

A Deadly Adoption (2015)

It looks like Wiig is playing it serious while Ferrell is lampooning the usual Lifetime tropes, especially with that wig and beard. Very interested in seeing this.

I'm watching it now and two minutes in this movie is already nuts. From the hacky dialogue to how Ferrell goes from his natural hair to that awful wig to the opening dock scene, this movie is a mix of SNL skit and Lifetime movie. There was an article on Hitflix about if it's a parody and some people are just not getting the joke. One person was actually pissed they had something like this on a distinguished channel like lifetime.

Knowing that this is possibly subtle and subversive makes me want to see it all the more now.

A lifetime movie with Will Ferrell playing a serious role... I think that's all that needs to be said.

Honestly as a watcher of shitty lifetime movies, this is just that a shitty lifetime movie. It doesnt need to be a parody. I can only imagine the glee the two of them had when they decided to do this project for how much it would fuck with peoples preconceptions.

Its fun to watch for me just for how stupid the plot is and how jarring it is to see both Wiig and Ferrell play the roles with zero humor to them.

• Like 1

The arguments on IMDB & Rotten Tomatoes over this are amazing. There are plenty of people saying it just wasn't funny or that it was hilarious and people just weren't getting it, but then there are the people arguing that Will Ferrell was really good and people just won't let him expand into serious roles.

Watched this hoping for more laughs than it yielded. There were a few great moments, but honestly I felt like it was played too straight. Definitely not a "good" bad movie imo, unfortunately. As a former book publishing employee I did enjoy the book tour jokes, but otherwise this movie left me kind of cold.

Sign in to follow this