🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 212 — Identity Pt. 1

The Blastoff crew is together again in a hatch away from the hatch as they talk about Tig’s special, David’s experience working on his new Syfy show Reactor, and Kyle’s lively neighborhood. They also find out the origin of “giving him the business” as well as get into identity. What is cool? What is real? Who do you identify as? Stay tuned for part two coming soon!

• Like 1

guard bliss Tig, and guard bliss Kyle, and guard bliss David. them queens of new england, and princes of pardcosts

please Kyle, we need to hear more of your neighbors fighting. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time!

I'm only speaking for myself here, but I would hope that Tig, Kyle and David know that if the podcast becomes too much of a burden, we've had four solid, fantastic years of podcasting, and I'm personally OK with them all moving onto the next project in their lives. Sure, I'd love to keep up with them and what they're doing, but the moment the podcast becomes a chore to record and is no longer fun, I worry about continuing it past that point. That's how I feel, I don't know if anyone agrees with me.

• Like 2

I'm so emotionally connected to this podcast, I get that feeling like "mom and dad are fighting are they gonna get a divorce?" whenever they don't sound like they're enjoying themselves or drop hints about it ending. But yeah, I would hope they only do it if It's fun and advantageous to them. One thought is that I personally think Kyle is funny enough to carry it alone and he could have Tig and David come back as guests every now and then. But now that I think about it, he probably would need David to help keep things on track.

• Like 2

I definitely agree with the "emotionally connected" sentiment. Out of all the podcasts I listen to (and it's a lot) I feel closest to these guys and the idea of the show possibly ending makes me very very sad. That being said it's been obvious now for awhile that it's possibly becoming a hassle to make. With Tig doing everything, David now has his own TV show, and worst of all Kyle being in New York for several months out of the year. You gotta be realistic I guess. Maybe an idea is just doing the show whenever possible. Not a weekly show but just whenever everyone can get together put one out; just an idea.

I have a bad feeling were never going to get this pizza showdown lol.

• Like 5

As has been said already, I think we may be approaching the natural end of Blastoff. It feels absurd, welcoming the end of something that has given you so much joy for so long. But like an old family pet, you'd rather see it conclude its journey being something like it used to be, not a shadow of its former self.

Guys! Let's not give them our blessing to stop doing the podcast just yet, okay? Let's instead tell them it's okay and we understand if they can't do the podcast every week. Every other week or even just once a month would be fine. We know the show will inevitably end, but please, dear Tig, Kyle, and David, ween us off slowly. I love you, podcast best friend Professor Blastoff.

Sign in to follow this