🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 13 - A Dental Convention in Scottsdale, Arizona: Live from Largo

Is there a reason Paul doesn't reveal who asked the question from the previous episode? I know we can figure it out chronologically for the most part, but it seems a little weird to deliberately obscure that aspect.

I think he keeps it from the current guest so that the conversation focuses on the current guest's answer and not about why the previous person asked that question. That's always been the vibe I've gotten from it.

• Like 3

But maybe...don't have her on anymore? Thanks

If Paul did read this, I'm guessing he'd be more likely to side with the ten positive comments she gets for every appearance than with this, but nice try.

• Like 7

I would like to apply for membership to the Hooray That Was a Janet Varney Off-Mic Laugh Club for ExcellenceTM.

• Like 9

Ok. I've tried to hold this in for 10 weeks as not to be a negative nancy...but God damn, I can't anymore. Janet Varney's laugh is killing me. I love this show, love PFT, this shit is hilarious and awesome. But Varney's fake ass ridiculous sounding absurd laugh is making this show unlistenable. That is all. Sorry for the negativity. But maybe...don't have her on anymore? Thanks

you tried holding that in? for ten weeks? hmmmm.

i'm just gonna make the leap here. your opinions are constipated. your actions are constipated. maybe... laxatives. yes i think instead of denying the rest of us one of the funniest (and fyi, most sincere) comics working, maybe you should just take a shit.

EDIT>totally meant to pile on. what up mwn!

• Like 4

So, is this a forum to voice your opinions? Or is this a forum for people to audition their hilarious jokes in the hopes that one of these Podcasters will read it and think "Oh man, I gotta get this random commenter on my podcast!" Give that up real quick.

I'm pretty sure this is a place to express your opinions. My opinion is that Janet Varney's laugh is forced and often times fake as fuck, overbearing and distracting. You can agree or disagree. Or suck it. Either one.

So, is this a forum to voice your opinions? Or is this a forum for people to audition their hilarious jokes in the hopes that one of these Podcasters will read it and think "Oh man, I gotta get this random commenter on my podcast!" Give that up real quick.

I'm pretty sure this is a place to express your opinions. My opinion is that Janet Varney's laugh is forced and often times fake as fuck, overbearing and distracting. You can agree or disagree. Or suck it. Either one.

And our opinion is that you're acting like a dickhole about it. You can agree or disagree.

• Like 6

You can agree or disagree. Or suck it. Either one.

It seems to be pretty clear that most of us disagree.

When I'm listening to a podcast and there's something I don't like, I just don't say anything. It's extremely simple and takes literally no effort. No one needs to hear my negativity or anyone else's. Don't get angry because people like something that you don't, that's asinine. You have the right to not like Janet Varney's humor or whatever, but in turn, if you want to post that opinion on a public forum set up for fans of a show that she has been a major player on, be prepared for some backlash. If I'm reading your post right, you're basically saying that you personally should be allowed to go online and say whatever bullshit you want about anyone you want, but we don't have the right to say whatever we want about you. Sorry, and I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Freedom of Speech is a two way street, man.

• Like 8

I just remembered why "createtildeath" sounds familiar. He's the guy who hates Lauren Lapkus and shit all over her first CBB appearance as Ho Ho. That shitstorm ended like this:

Ok guys, you win... I'll never make a half-hearted pointlessly negative comment ever again, geez!

So quick to defend

• Like 2

I just remembered why "createtildeath" sounds familiar. He's the guy who hates Lauren Lapkus and shit all over her first CBB appearance as Ho Ho. That shitstorm ended like this:

Ho ho!

• Like 3

I just remembered why "createtildeath" sounds familiar. He's the guy who hates Lauren Lapkus and shit all over her first CBB appearance as Ho Ho.

Sounds like somebody has Ian Fleming's disease.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure this is a place to express your opinions. My opinion is that Janet Varney's laugh is forced and often times fake as fuck, overbearing and distracting.

Rudeness aside, I suppose I could understand how someone could find Janet's laugh annoying. I certainly don't AGREE, but I understand on a conceptual level that different people are annoyed by different things.

However, I can't even BEGIN to fathom how one could think her laugh sounds "fake". Every time I see or hear Janet--in podcast, on television, or the rare in-person encounter--all she does is radiate genuine sincere joyfulness.

• Like 2

CHanks is usually decently amusing in the interview section of CBB and the like. But he was on fire here. First time I've heard him be laugh out loud funny like that.

• Like 1

CHanks is usually decently amusing in the interview section of CBB and the like. But he was on fire here. First time I've heard him be laugh out loud funny like that.

and we finally get the full answer for if guests ever participate in the improv.

• Like 1

A comment:

I loved Marc's, "I'll be in the wardrobe? In the spare room? That's the end of my reference level?"

Normally so unflappable, I like when I see the gaps in amazing intellect.

A question:

It may be a silly one, but was the improv performed, like a regular show? As opposed to the "regular" studio episodes where everyone is sitting?

A question:

It may be a silly one, but was the improv performed, like a regular show? As opposed to the "regular" studio episodes where everyone is sitting?

Although it was from last night's live show at Largo, I believe this photo by Liezl Estipona answers your question.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this