🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 357 — Modern Anti-Comedy

Natasha Leggero and Jeremy Konner of Comedy Central’s Another Period are here to give us all the juicy details about the fake reality show set in 1902, who’s first on the call sheet, and how they got Snoop Dogg to sing the theme song. Then, our old friends Victor and Tiny return to tell us about the new bits they’ve been working on exclusively for Caesars Palace. Finally, Mrs. Potts the former teapot from Beauty and the Beast stops by to ask for help on how to get back to her old life as a teapot.

Good episode, but it would be hard for it to be as great as Natasha's last in-studio appearance, Phishing for Compliments, which was an all-time classic that spawned the Analyse Phish podcast AND Jack from the lumber yard AND Hot Saucerman and all the variations on that.

• Like 6

I bet Marc's not going to ask Obama the question that we all want to know. Where's the prez on the call sheet? Above the title?! Emblematic of Macroni's subpar interviewing skills.

• Like 3

I cant believe Obama went to Maron's garage, and I wish he included the Earwolf studios as a part of his podcast tour. I can't even imagine what it would be like to listen to Barack Hussein Obamacare mixed in with a somewhat normal episode of CBB.

Who would you guys most want to hear on an episode with Obama?

Theres a lot to think about but Adomian's Bernie Sanders would bring a lot of fun discussion

• Like 1

I cant believe Obama went to Maron's garage, and I wish he included the Earwolf studios as a part of his podcast tour. I can't even imagine what it would be like to listen to Barack Hussein Obamacare mixed in with a somewhat normal episode of CBB.

Theres a lot to think about but Adomian's Bernie Sanders would bring a lot of fun discussion

I'm pretty sure this would end badly, but it would be hilarious to hear Obama's reaction to Tom Leykis.

Serious answer: Obama, Matt Walsh, Timothy Simons, and Neil Campbell. Why Neil Campbell? Because you just know the President will be in a FREESTYLE RAP BATTLE.

• Like 3

Only one person could keep me from listening to WTF before CBB today and that's Betsy Sodaro! I have missed her on CBB SOOOOOOOO much!

• Like 7

Aukerman directed the Between Two Ferns video that Obama did so, if anything, Obama should go straight to CBB and openly scorn Maron and WTF during that interview.

• Like 2

I like that Natasha is kind of like The Hollywood Handbook guys in that she says everything just a bit wrong;

"Hot Bitch in Charge?"

"Point!"

• Like 9

"I'd fuck the shit out of a Vitamix"

Holy cow, Betsy murdered it in this episode, everything about that character is hysterical to me, I almost died when she said Cogsworth was a little bitch.

also, everyone should watch the Another Period pilot it's really really funny and the whole cast is a comedy dream team.

• Like 10

God Damn Betsy Sodaro is the best 'huge duster ass' killed me. Her poem about wanting to be a Fly Girl is still one of my favourite comedy podcast moments.

• Like 5

"Did you fuck something as a tea pot and then out of your tea pot vagina a tea cup came."

I had to pause and cover my face as I laughed.

• Like 3

Obviously Jesse Ventura.

• Like 7

Enjoyed the call-back to "Big ups to people of all stars and stripes!" As a person of a particular star /and/ stripe, I can't get enough ups!

• Like 8

I just lost my mind at work, silently laughing my ass off until tears started welling up in my eyes. Brendan Small snorting/laughing/choking and then talking about flying around in a harness kicking the audience members in the head - Clomp Clomp Clomp.

• Like 8

Tiny's Thulsa Doom impression just made me spit milk and cheerios all over the floor.

• Like 3

sfN8tzd.png

Best I could do in MS paint. But their love story is inspired.

• Like 22

Please please PLEASE let Obama's WTF interview be a springboard to appearing on CBB.

Scott: Welcome to the podcast Barack Hussein Obamacare. It's been awhile (It's been awhile) since we worked together on Between Two Ferns. How's Michelle?

POTUS: You mean 'my ha-wiiiffe?' She's doing just fine. How's your wife Kulap?

Scott: You mean my former ex-girlfriend with big naturals? She's doing great.

(Knock on the door)

Scott: Who's is this!?! I thought the secret service was guarding the studio from any unexpected guests?!?

(A boatload of characters enter and bum rush the studio)

Don: It's Me! Don DiMello, theatrical director! I see the president is finally here. I have a role for you in my next production. It's about Kennedy and Marilyn...oh yeah. I have a couple of gorgeous girls all lined up outside to audition for the part. Plenty of grassy knolls if you get my drift...oh yes. Not a bald eagle in sight.

Sheriff of Nottingham: I have you right where I want you POTUS! I know Robin Hood is part of your cabinet, you will no longer distribute the queens coins throughout the land, seize him!

Fourvel: excuse me...mr.president...do you have any table scraps I can eat? Can I lick the sweat off that water bottle on the table? I managed to scrounge up some empty tins of cat food from Maron's dumpster. Just don't fuck with me or I'll gut you from balls to gullet...

...clanking chains...boo...spider webs...universal healthcare...black cat...

Adam Scott: A worthy uhh, a worthy uhh, a worthy uhh...

Scott: Mr. President, I'm sorry. This is too dumb even for me. I'm stopping this.

POTUS: It's ok Scott. Tell Zach I said hello. And he still needs to pay for the White House door frame he broke.

Scott: I'll let him know-

POTUS: because he's fat. He broke the door from his fat.

• Like 12