🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

24 This American Pie Eating Contest

The 24th installment of the Hooray Show gets real. Inspired by the events of Charleston and the President's appearance on WTF, Horatio and Chad of course go to Hooray Show regular Jerry Minor for his take on everything. The show also includes a segment from last week's episode that was cut due to time constraints. It is presented here, because you have to laugh between the tears.

As much as I love that this show is so wildly different in content and tone from week to week, I must say that I wouldn't be upset at all if it was just Horatio, Chad, and Jerry every week (guests optional). That said, the pie eating contest clips were a wonderful contrast.

I'm not as active on the Earwolf forums as I used to be but the last few episodes of this show have been phenomenal.

• Like 3

Jerry Minor talking about the invention of the Colt 45 to use to oppress slave revolts... holy shit.

this is why our gun laws are fucked up. there's all this history and baggage attached to why the framers thought we needed the 2nd amendment.

this just adds a new crazy context to gun nuts's (guns nut's?) motivation.

SHOW!

Was that Jane's Addiction I heard throughout?

It's like I'm getting a sign. Yesterday I listened to Henry Rollins' podcast, and he talked a lot about Perry Farrell, and Lollapalooza.

(I'm old, Rollins, Perry Farrell, and Lollapalooza are things old people know about) (and I saw Jane's Addiction at the original 9:30 Club in DC, when they lost the Hard Rock Grammy to Jethro Tull)

I'm old and have arthritis.

• Like 6

So good. I love that you guys are able to put out a fun show that still talks about real shit. And definitely keep bringing Jerry in, he's the best.

• Like 2

Jerry Minor makes everything ok. He's the spiritual leader of the hooray show.

• Like 2

As much as I love that this show is so wildly different in content and tone from week to week, I must say that I wouldn't be upset at all if it was just Horatio, Chad, and Jerry every week (guests optional). That said, the pie eating contest clips were a wonderful contrast.

I'm not as active on the Earwolf forums as I used to be but the last few episodes of this show have been phenomenal.

I support this and want to add, if they did nothing but chat candidly about current events with the occasional comedy bit thrown in, it would definitely put the Hooray Show into my "always listen" group and out of my "depending on guest and if I run out of pods that week" group

• Like 1

son of sam

son of doctor's touch

a nurses love

acting under orders from above

chad that 3/5ths joke was on point bro.

• Like 3

Ya'll should really look into a compressor/limiter to even out the volume levels; they're pretty crazy right now with all the music randomly thrown in.

crazy, i listened to this episode and then immediately after the Cracked podcast episode "the gun show" where they mentioned kids in Chicago commonly just find discarded guns. some kind of article or survey or something about how people get them without licenses or whatever.

chad are you guys okay? like this post once for yes, zero times for no.

chad are you guys okay? like this post once for yes, zero times for no.

No new @HoorayShow. com this week. Please listen next week.

:(

• Like 1

sorry didn't update.

redact! redact!