🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 238.5 — 6/26/15 TWO CHARTED 177

This week on Two Charted, forgiveness is granted to all fellow artists who dared to compete with the release of the Gu Cruise music video. Additionally, Howard and Kulap discuss their most recent trip to the space observatory and why it barely deserves the title of "observatory." Later, Kulap talks about her recent viewing of some MMA fights, which spawns Howard into an argument as to why Summah is the only time to watch television.

Polish Howard was hilarious, but I was thinking he was off on Paulina Porizkova. Polish names tend to end in ski/sky and that's not just a joke punchline. Looked it up and it turns out she's czech, but maybe she speaks polish??

In case anyone was curious like I was...

The Pareto principle (also known as the 80–20 rule, the law of the vital few, and the principle of factor sparsity) states that, for many events, roughly 80% of the effects come from 20% of the causes.

• Like 1

Haha yeah, learn the words to the Bugle, the song I'm talking over.

As Howard continues to explore his identity as a trans-millenial, I'm beginning to notice things about myself that make a lot more sense in this context.

Guys, I think I'm trans-Gen-X.

I was born in 1984, so I'm getting kinda close to the cutoff point anyway. But I identify much more strongly with the previous generation. To whit:

I recently got rid of my smartphone. (Mostly because I'm hella cheap, but I don't miss it much now that it's gone.)

I'd say at least 75% of the jokes I make are actually just Mr. Show references. (I used to be in a band called Fuck Mountain, based on the "King Shit of Fuck Mountain" line.)

The other 25% are references from early Simpsons seasons. (Alright, everybody tuck your pants into your socks.)

I moved to the Northwest and started a band when I was 21. (That was Fuck Mountain. Even ten years ago, Portland still felt like the 90s. The wave of twee bullshit has only just started to break.)

I'll take sarcasm over irony any day. (There's a difference.)

I still buy CDs and rent DVDs. (Sometimes VHS if I'm getting into the really deep cuts.)

I still record demos on my tape machine. (Tascam 688. Soon to be featured on CBB with some plugs themes, fingers crossed...)

So I guess Howard can have my spot in this generation if I can take the one he leaves behind.

I might be biologically millenial, but I don't have the privilege of a cis-generational person. Thank you Howard for showing me that I can be the person who I feel like I really am.

• Like 1

We welcome you with open, flannel-clad arms.

Howard should stick to today's drink combo, or at least make it a monthly special event.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this