🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 359 — TofuPeople

The stars of The Meltdown with Jonah & Kumail, Jonah Ray & Kumail Nanjiani are back to bless us with math magic on today’s Comedy Bing Bong! Our old friend Shelly Driftwood stops by as well to tell us all about his new book series based on O.J. Simpson and a new underground highway he’s working on. Later, Elaine the Dragon swoops in to talk about what it’s like being a dragon actor in Hollywood. Plus, Would You Rather is back in time to close out June!

Sick lineup.

o no is the lineup going to be okay or does it need some chicken noodle soup?? #330AMNoSleepHumor

Shelly's admittance to witnessing the Wonderland murders was so out-of-nowhere brilliant! Sanz is a genius!!!

• Like 6

Sick lineup.

Is this an episode of 'Sick lineups'?!

• Like 9

If I saw the guys in the studio photo making those same poses and faces in a dark alley at night, I would be terrified.

Not Erin, though. She looks nice.

Is it just me, or does Horatio have his characters confused? This guy sounds a lot like Chico Davis to me.

Beef over.

• Like 3

I saw Kumail last night at nerdmelt in LA. He does the handsome eyebrows a lot, and I wonder if it's a conscious thing.

• Like 1

Shelly Driftwood giving detailed directions kills me..lordy lou..

If you eat tofupeople is that technically being a vegan cannibal?

Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

• Like 5

I laugh at the idea that Shelly wrote 3, 600 page novels about how he killed a still alive OJ.

As an aside, I just wanted to express how much I enjoyed Silicon Valley this season. Really great show.

• Like 5

Is it just me, or does Horatio have his characters confused? This guy sounds a lot like Chico Davis to me.

Beef over.

I'm guessing he was supposed to be Chico Davis but Scott called him Shelly Driftwood, so he played along

Kumail Nanjiani, Jonah Ray, Horatio Sanz, Erin Whitehead-4 guests-4 Washington Lane-the next clue is at the White House!

• Like 20

Never was the biggest Horatio fan but I found this week's stuff to be just excruciatingly bad. I skipped over large chunks of it, I found it so unpleasant and tasteless.

• Like 1

Never was the biggest Horatio fan but I found this week's stuff to be just excruciatingly bad. I skipped over large chunks of it, I found it so unpleasant and tasteless.

Beef NOT over.

• Like 8

Shelly Driftwood giving detailed directions kills me..lordy lou..

If you eat tofupeople is that technically being a vegan cannibal?

Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

technicality no down boo over?!

• Like 3

Horatio totally confused what Shelly and Chico do, but not how they sound. Horatio came on as Shelly, and Shelly sounds like a gentle, effeminate SoCal surfer who is ingrained in Hollywood and the back doors of showbiz, whereas Chico sounds like a grizzled, LA rock scene veteran and is writing a rock & roll memoir about the LA music scene.

EDIT: He totally shifts gears from Shelly to Chico when they start talking about Shatner and the OJ books (which is probably when Horatio realized he meant to say he was Chico).

Part of this confusion may be because both of these characters are Los Angelenos who know about the in's and out's of the music biz or showbiz, and also that Scott has asked them both for street-specific directions at one time or another because it's funny when Horatio does that (although that is technically Shelly's shtick).

I'm guessing he was supposed to be Chico Davis but Scott called him Shelly Driftwood, so he played along

Scott didn't confuse the characters because Horatio established who he was first, affecting his Shelly voice off-mic.

SHELLY: (off mic) "How about prism?"

SCOTT: "Can we turn on his-"

SHELLY: "HI!"

SCOTT: "Who's this?"

SHELLY: "It's Shelly."

SCOTT: "Ah! Shelly Driftwood!"

• Like 1

I found it so unpleasant and tasteless.

me too. 5 stars.

• Like 15

I'm pretty sure that Horatio won't stop mining the history of famous murder stories until one of his characters claims responsibility for the Black Dahlia murder.

• Like 3

Horatio totally confused what Shelly and Chico do, but not how they sound. Horatio came on as Shelly, and Shelly sounds like a gentle, effeminate SoCal surfer who is ingrained in Hollywood and the back doors of showbiz, whereas Chico sounds like a grizzled, LA rock scene veteran and is writing a rock & roll memoir about the LA music scene.

Part of this confusion may be because both of these characters are Los Angelenos who know about the in's and out's of the music biz or showbiz, and also that Scott has asked them both for street-specific directions (because it's funny when Horatio does that) at one time or another (although Shelly is technically the one who does that, having worked for a Ferrari dealership).

It also gets confusing because almost all of Horatio's characters have connections to O.J., however tangential. Davy "Chico" Davis is writing a book about the O.J. trial, which he recorded on multiple VHS tapes. Shelly Driftwood got a job at the Porsche-Maserati-Volkswagen dealership by telling the owner that his wife was having sex with an electrician who later died from electrocution installing a hot tub at O.J.’s house. And now, Shelly has also written multiple O.J. books. Joe France’s' Star Graves Tour goes by O.J.’s house in Brentwood once a year on the date O.J. was convicted for stealing his own memorabilia. Barzelona Marriott has a copy of the Inquirer from 1993 that predicted O.J. would have an accomplice when he would commit murder the following year. And so on . . .

• Like 14

That's it, everyone on my Christmas list this year are getting cardboard ice cream cones.

• Like 3